Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come a lot of people with H22 motors that go FI have a lot of problems were it seems the K20 motor doesn't? I know if you build bottom end on H22 then you can make a lot of HP but not everyone has that kind of money. The ringlands are probably the first thing to go on a prelude under boost. Is the K20 built that much better or does it respond to boost better?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the K20 better than the H22's but since they're both Honda I would think that they are close to the same quality but the K20 has new technology...and everyone knows Honda keeps gettin better!!!

UnlimitedEK9

·
Registered
120 Posts
H22's just dont hold very well to boost, crap starts going wrong early off after you get turbo...and this is coming from someone who went from a H22 to a K20....

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
Stock for stock the RSX will win.

Mod for mod the RSX will win.

The fastest N/A lude I've seen ran a 14.6, the fastest lude I've seen on the bottle went a 14.2. I haven't seen any turbos, but I saw a JRSC lude with a lulley upgrade get a best of 14.0 on street tires.

To put it in perspective, I run a 13.6.....N/A on street tires, stock internals, and I still have a cat on the car. :eek:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Logan said:
As apposed to the 200hp with 156ft/lbs (could be wrong )

H22A is all of the 2.2 liter VTEC motors. There are differing suffix numbers though. The 5th gen USDM Prelude with the 200hp motor was an an H22A4 that a different sleeve design than the previous H22As found in 4th gen VTEC ludes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
eddie123 said:
Stock for stock the RSX will win.

Mod for mod the RSX will win.

The fastest N/A lude I've seen ran a 14.6, the fastest lude I've seen on the bottle went a 14.2. I haven't seen any turbos, but I saw a JRSC lude with a lulley upgrade get a best of 14.0 on street tires.

To put it in perspective, I run a 13.6.....N/A on street tires, stock internals, and I still have a cat on the car. :eek:

you are a fucking idiot! I have no arguement that the k20 is better, but there are alot of quick n/a ludes. There are tons of them in the 13's amd probably a few in the 12's. so how the hell do you come up with 14.6? I've seen stock ludes with just CAI run 14.6 :thumbsup: And on the bottle you really think a competent driver won't break 14 seconds? :spin: I'm no expert, but don't open your mouth if you're gonna say shit like that ;)

Oh and BTW stock for stock it's a complete drivers race :wavey: :driving: But once it's mod for mod...... RSX will own the lude

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
seecretninja said:
you are a fucking idiot! I have no arguement that the k20 is better, but there are alot of quick n/a ludes. There are tons of them in the 13's amd probably a few in the 12's. so how the hell do you come up with 14.6? I've seen stock ludes with just CAI run 14.6 :thumbsup: And on the bottle you really think a competent driver won't break 14 seconds? :spin: I'm no expert, but don't open your mouth if you're gonna say shit like that ;)

Oh and BTW stock for stock it's a complete drivers race :wavey: :driving: But once it's mod for mod...... RSX will own the lude
Dude you are a complete tool and you need to calm the fuck down. :chillout:

I'm sure there are fast ludes in the world....the point I'm making is that I LIVE at the track and have not personally witnessed any. I've seen plenty of fast H22 swaps but no ludes.

Don't get all bent because you fucked up and put a slow motor in your car. What are you running in that heavy ass CL of yours?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
seecretninja said:

Don't call Eddie an idiot, he has been around here for a while, is a respected member, and adds to the forums.

And there is no NA Lude in the 12s either.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
Thanks BigDawg!

·
Registered
23 Posts
fucked up? what the hell was I suppossed to put in my CL? That h22 is a direct swap. If you were just saying, "you've never seen" ludes run better than those pathetic times, then thats cool, and sorry for gettin rude, but you made it sound like those are what most modded ludes run, when thats not the case.

oh and BTW- I was actually selling the car, only reason i did the swap was because my tranny went out and the swap got me back on the road for pretty cheap, (with a lower mileage engine)

My CL probably runs high 14's. Never been to the track yet. And probably won't, cause i'm not even into cars anymore at all. I want to sell it and buy a fishing boat:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.