Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've intermittently had my eye on those blackout halo projectors and did a little searchin' for prices. there are some on e-bay for a realy sweet price but i was wonderin if there are more than one manufacturer of these lamps or are they all the same thing. any risks out there for snagging these edible prices and are they all HID convertable? thanks fellas.

·
Pugzministrator
501,919 Posts
the ones on ebay all usually start off at a awesome price....by the end of the auction you can buy them somewhere else for the same price or cheaper....personally i wouldn't go with ebay...can't trust those people, heres where i got mine, pretty decent price...http://www.matrixracing.com/BI4788Details.htm

and yea you can get a HID kit for the lights, i think they light up the road good enough without it though and that the brightness might take away the whole halo ring. good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
And they are all by the same manufacturer, Genesis. And remember, if you get HIDs, the lowbeams are H3, not H1 (which the stock lowbeam bulbs are).

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the 'buy it now' price was about $252... very enticing but suspiciously low too. any bad experiences here or is it the holy grail? thanks to everyone for their input. not a 'search....blah blah' comment yet....

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
Shiraz said:
And they are all by the same manufacturer, Genesis. And remember, if you get HIDs, the lowbeams are H3, not H1 (which the stock lowbeam bulbs are).
Genesis isn't the manufacturer, just the main North American distributor.

They come out of some company in Taiwan. The manufacturer isn't on the lights or the packaging at all, however a big "Made in Taiwan" stamp graces the box.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
Pugz2003 said:
the ones on ebay all usually start off at a awesome price....by the end of the auction you can buy them somewhere else for the same price or cheaper....personally i wouldn't go with ebay...can't trust those people, heres where i got mine, pretty decent price...http://www.matrixracing.com/BI4788Details.htm

and yea you can get a HID kit for the lights, i think they light up the road good enough without it though and that the brightness might take away the whole halo ring. good luck :thumbsup:
Matrix = $339 + $30 for shipping

Club RSX = $350 + $0 for shipping

http://store.clubrsx.com

;)

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
Eagle Eye I believe is the name of the company who makes the projectors. Genesis is local to me and I bought my set directly from them over ebay. Very happy so far. Paid 285 plus tax picked up. Although with ebay you won't get customer service like you would buying from clubrsx as all sales are final.

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
i wouldn't go with ebay...can't trust those people,

Huh? Its all about the person selling the item - not ebay as a company. If you are concrened about buying something check out the ebay feedback forum, it will tell you if the seller has had pissed off or unhappy customers. I have never had a bad experience with Ebay (hope I didn't just jinx myself).

All of these lights are coming out of Taiwan. One company is K.S. and the other is Y.D. (Yangston Design). I have not heard of Eagle Eye Yet.

There have been a few previouse threads about this with pretty much the same header.

Bought mine from a guy off of ebay and got a great price. Have yet to put them in but will give you a heads up when I do.

D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts