Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of how bright the halo projector lamps are w/out an hid kit????

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i read that in my search. I am just leary cause i had projectors on my accord and i could not see more than 10ft infront of the car with the brights on. I just dont want that experience again.

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
rsxs03 said:
Does anyone have pics of how bright the halo projector lamps are w/out an hid kit????

H3 Silverstars for lows / H1 Silverstars for High / W5W Philips Bluevision for parking / H11 Advanced Optiks hyper white bulbs for fogs from the clubrsx store - Very happy with all of them.

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
halos / sorry its not so dark where I'm at and you know when its not really dark the halos - - -

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
Thanks. I really like the chromed out look with no orange for the headlights. I might black out the OEMs and switch them every once in a while.

D

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
Hack wanna show a closer pic of the chrome projectors... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
if you get a good set of projectors, with the same kind of bulb as stock, projectors will be brighter since the light isn't wasted illuminating pointless areas of the road and is put towards where the light is needed.

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
merlyn said:
if you get a good set of projectors, with the same kind of bulb as stock, projectors will be brighter since the light isn't wasted illuminating pointless areas of the road and is put towards where the light is needed.
Not quiet how it works, but the end conclusion is right :)

I actually find that I have a wider lighted area (more peripheral), and still a more intense middle.

Projector units are more efficient at throwing more light out, less light is wasted getting from the bulb out of the housing, not because it's wasted on "pointless areas of the road". I don't think any area of road is pointless.

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the Phillips W5W parking lights Shiraz- thats why I got mine.

D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts