Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of the Halo Projectors with an XD 4100 or 5000K kit that they can post? Im trying to see if the projectors have the cutoff like the BMW & Audi with the 4100 kit. If it doesn't, then i would probably go with the 5000K kit. So if anyone has pics please post em. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any type of projector beam headlamps will give you the same type of cutoff that you are looking for. Projectors with HID's is the ultimate headlight setup. I don't know about halo pics, but there are plenty of RSX HID pics at www.xenondepot.com and well you can find some pics of projectors with halo's at http://www.geocities.com/crx_auto/angel_eyes.htm plus it is also a well written DIY for making your own angel eyes/halo's/devil eyes.

Rockin,
Ragin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean does it have the same cutoff within the projector lense to produce the Blue/Purple flicker when you see it from certain angles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wackypack said:
Genesis Projectors with Xenon Depot 6000K.........soon to be for sale.
I appreciate that picture. Do you have any on the road? Also since you have 6000K, looking at the projector does the light look purple-ish/blue?

·
Registered
154 Posts
wackypack said:
Genesis Projectors with Xenon Depot 6000K.........soon to be for sale.

Where you at in Texas??

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
BlackRSX11

It depends on the angle you look at them. They have a nice violet hue but when you get at certain angles the cutoff line inside the projector really plays with the light and it turns dark violet i.e., audi and bmw-ish.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
The reason Im selling the Genesis Projectors and the 6000k H3 bulbs is because the amount of ambient light that is actually hitting the road isn't sufficient (IMO) for nighttime driving. This is because of the poor quality of the lenses used. Therefore I purchased 6000k H1 bulbs from XD and I am going to reinstall my OEM housings. Also one of my halo's burned out. Im going to play around with them once I uninstall. Take them apart and put new LED's inside the projectors (maybe blue) put them back together and sell them along with the 6000K H3 bulbs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wackypack said:
The reason Im selling the Genesis Projectors and the 6000k H3 bulbs is because the amount of ambient light that is actually hitting the road isn't sufficient (IMO) for nighttime driving. This is because of the poor quality of the lenses used. Therefore I purchased 6000k H1 bulbs from XD and I am going to reinstall my OEM housings. Also one of my halo's burned out. Im going to play around with them once I uninstall. Take them apart and put new LED's inside the projectors (maybe blue) put them back together and sell them along with the 6000K H3 bulbs.
Thanks wackypack, you really helped me out very much! :beerchug:

·
-------------------------
5,640 Posts
This is what i figured, since H3 bulbs are usually used for foglights, not your main headlights...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts