Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I read about "Go with JDM" lights, verses the other? Genesis, right? I thought they all were made by them. Anyway, whats the deal with these ebay halos? I know, there are threads about them... But can you really trust these guys? 100 less than most competitors... What gives?

One last thing... has anyone found a good average bulb to replace the "not so reliable" ones that come with em? Without going HID... Your input would be greatly appreciated...

By the way, did you guys see this? (gif) new turn signal! :)

Thanks-

·
Pugzministrator
501,919 Posts
i wouldn't buy them off ebay if i were you...this is where i got mine from and i haven't had a problem yet Halo Projectors

as for a decent bulb anything and i mean anything is better then what they come with so do your self the favor and get new ones before you put in the lights because the bulbs are kinda bitchy to change once the headlight is in. i bought silverstars for mine but the light output really isn't to great on a shitty little H3 bulb so i did what a lot of other people are gonna tell ya...go HID. just put them on 2 days ago, couldn't be happier. good luck though!

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok... Where can I find out about silverstares... you have a link, or did you buy locally?

And, I guess I have to ask, how did the silverstars compare to regular stock lights? As far as plain old visibility. I'm just going for the look really... Pugz, your car is Fat! The eyes have alot to do with it...! It's just that Acura gave no contrast to the white ones...:)

·
Pugzministrator
501,919 Posts
epluth said:
Ok... Where can I find out about silverstares... you have a link, or did you buy locally?

And, I guess I have to ask, how did the silverstars compare to regular stock lights? As far as plain old visibility. I'm just going for the look really... Pugz, your car is Fat! The eyes have alot to do with it...! It's just that Acura gave no contrast to the white ones...:)
you can buy the silverstars at pepboys or something like that...they are made by sylvania but a lot of people have had problems with them blowing out really fast....luckly for me mine didn't in the whole month i had them in...so glad i got the HIDs, it feels real good to see when i drive. the silverstars or any halogen at that put out just enough light to see the road but with the HIDs i can see a lot further up ahead, so goodluck with the bulbs. if you do a search on silverstars u'll prob find a ton of shit!

·
Registered
828 Posts
epluth said:
So, I read about "Go with JDM" lights, verses the other? Genesis, right? I thought they all were made by them. Anyway, whats the deal with these ebay halos? I know, there are threads about them... But can you really trust these guys? 100 less than most competitors... What gives?

One last thing... has anyone found a good average bulb to replace the "not so reliable" ones that come with em? Without going HID... Your input would be greatly appreciated...

By the way, did you guys see this? (gif) new turn signal! :)

Thanks-
you definitely take your chances w e-bay. my first try, i bought a pair for about $250 and they arrived broken. after weeks trying to get satisfaction from the seller, i disputed the paypal transaction and got my money back. the second try (i'm a gambling man) was much better. got them for less than $200. nicer pair too (epoxy and general quality 'feel and look').

hey if you're looking for some h3 replacement bulbs if you get these, i'm selling a brand new set of piaa superplasmas. i was originally going to put them in but my hids arrive tomorrow. check'em out in the fore sale thread or pm me if you're interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts