Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into an accident and I hit a pole. The quarter panel of my car has a big indent of the pole (about 10" x 20" x 5"). Should I get the shop to hammer it out or should I get them to replace it? (I will need to pay for it out of my own pocket :( ) Is there any disadvantage in hammering out the panel?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Replace it! It will look bad and bug you every time you look at it. No way they can hammer a dent out that big that will look even close to perfect. Your paint must be messed up too.

-nurb2-

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TypeRaisin said:
whoa hey, another taffeta white rsx from the bay :) :thumbsup: yea, i actually was in the very same situation as you not too long ago. i ended up having the shop pop out the dent. they made my door look brand new!

ot: what part of the bay are you from?
Hey.. which shop did you bring it too? How much did it cost you? Are you able to still see the damage?

taffeta white is definately the best color! :thumbsup:
I'm from San Jose...

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Replacing the panel is definately the better way to go, but the problem with replacing is the extra $$$. I got quoted for close to 1g for hammering and 2g+ for replacing. Is the difference worth a grand? :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.