Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Four Rings
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I looked around on here, but i couldnt seem to find any correlation between the two. Just like the title says, does anyone have any info on whether or not the 'special' honda filter for the S2000 "only" are the same as the hamp filters? Check out this link As you can see, the S2000 filter is also made by Toyo Roki and he described them as being pretty much identical. That link is a little outdated, but im gonna go on the assumption that they still make a specific filter for the S2000, which would a lot easier to get at the Honda dealer rather than looking around online.

·
Four Rings
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump....from what i can find, people are calling it the same thing, i just may have to swing by the honda dealer and find out...

·
Four Rings
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, people are saying that the S2000 filter is pretty much exactly the same thing as the hamp filter, except its blue and doesnt have the hamp logo.....i dont know if this is true though?

·
DC5 to AP2
2,421 Posts
I don't think very many people have experience with this.

·
Four Rings
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im gonna stop by the Honda dealer if i pass by during work and pick one up...not sure if im gonna use it yet...

·
Registered
839 Posts
90% (or at least a great percent) of S2000 owners use the Toyo Roki. It is as good if not better than the Hamp filter. I have the S2000 specific filter on the RSX. FYI, I had an S2000 for 3 years. :)

·
Four Rings
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I just picked up a s2000 filter today....do you use the s2000 filter on your rsx?

EDIT: I missed your first post, nm.

hows the filter treating you?

·
Registered
839 Posts
n7plus1 said:
hows the filter treating you?
I haven't noticed a difference, but why would someone? :)

mavi DC5 said:
so the s2k filter fits the rsx?
Yes. Some dealerships will sell S2000 owners the RSX/accord/civic/crv filter and tell them it is good enough for the S2000. WRONG! You can see the size difference in the pictures I posted. The S2000 specific filter is much better at filtering the oil. I figured the S2000 revs to 8300rpms (MY04 +) and 9000rpms(MY00-MY03) and since the RSX-S revs to around there, the S2000 filter would be a much better choice.

·
Four Rings
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
thanks for the info man, +rep from me as well, and here are some pics for reference (if anyone else does searches (yeah....right) on this info), i took today:

·
m0o0o0o000?
7,358 Posts
i have a box of hamp filters =P

also my stock filter looked nothing like that filter that you posted up. mine looked more like that s2k filter.

·
O.G. '02 RSX-S
5,645 Posts
Since we are talking about filters here. Does anyone know the best place to pick up Hamp filters for a decent price?

·
Four Rings
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The lowest price ive seen was at passwordjdm.com, but at the moment they are out of stock. They are selling them for 7.99 a peice i think. I called and asked about them only to find out that they are going to be back in stock at the end of the month. I think kingmotorsports.com sells them as well as inlinefour.com but they are a lot more expensive there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.