Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share my happiness with everyone since i just hooked up my NX kit a few days ago. I'd forgotten how nice it was to have nitrous in the ride. :D I'm starting with a 35 hsot, so it doesn't really feel like much, but after i put another 4,000 miles on the rsx, i'll move up to a 75 shot (if i can wait that long) :spin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i've only got 6300 miles on her so far, so i figured she'd be broken in after about 10K. I had the NX kit hooked up to my old ride (a 2001 sentra gxe) and i didn't get colder plugs until i moved up to 50 shot. The same holds true for an rsx, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
eh, i've ran colder plugs for..... lets see....... almost a year and a half now, sprayin or not. does no harm (as long as you get some revs outta the engine every so often to clean it out ), but some have run stock plugs up to 125, some have run colder plugs all the time. just a preference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's what i figured. I can't wait to get this break-in out the way. I wanna race my brother's Z, he's a got wide body kit and 19" wheels, so he's probably a little slower than stock. It would probably be close with the 35 shot if i could drive, but i've only been driving stick for 3 months, so i can't launch for shit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
vector01_hungry said:
that's what i figured. I can't wait to get this break-in out the way. I wanna race my brother's Z, he's a got wide body kit and 19" wheels, so he's probably a little slower than stock. It would probably be close with the 35 shot if i could drive, but i've only been driving stick for 3 months, so i can't launch for shit.
erm, i'd say he's gonna hand you your ass. even with the 35, probably even 50.
 

·
CLUBRSX.com Supporter
Joined
·
2,904 Posts
I have to disagree with you on this one WarmPepsi. If he has any talent at all he will light the Z up with a 50shot. I just couldn't imagine myself losing to a Z even with a 35shot. But then again he said he has no driving skill.
 
Joined
·
959 Posts
vector01_hungry said:
I just wanted to share my happiness with everyone since i just hooked up my NX kit a few days ago. I'd forgotten how nice it was to have nitrous in the ride. :D I'm starting with a 35 hsot, so it doesn't really feel like much, but after i put another 4,000 miles on the rsx, i'll move up to a 75 shot (if i can wait that long) :spin:
ast lil fucker eh???..congrats and welcome to the Bottle club,, :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
RSXING AZ said:
I have to disagree with you on this one WarmPepsi. If he has any talent at all he will light the Z up with a 50shot. I just couldn't imagine myself losing to a Z even with a 35shot. But then again he said he has no driving skill.
with no launching, a 350 is gonna own his 2.5+ 60', and then the z is gonna continue to pull away. Just depends what kinda Z it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my bro's got the touring Z, but he hasn't driven it in 4 months, so maybe he's forgotten how to launch. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i've still got stock tires. i guess i'll find out how well i do after he gets some new tires, which'll probably be the middle of next week some time. i'll get em when i go up to 75 though. i've never ran more than a 50 shot before, so i'm wondering what kind of traction problems i'll have in 2nd and 3rd gears.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
vector01_hungry said:
i've still got stock tires. i guess i'll find out how well i do after he gets some new tires, which'll probably be the middle of next week some time. i'll get em when i go up to 75 though. i've never ran more than a 50 shot before, so i'm wondering what kind of traction problems i'll have in 2nd and 3rd gears.
in 2 and 3? you'll be fine, just have to feather into 2 a bit as to not just instantly break it loose.

i'm at 75, but haven't sprayed in quite a while :(
 

·
what the problem is ?
Joined
·
744 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
erm, i'd say he's gonna hand you your ass. even with the 35, probably even 50.
i dont know, but if he loses to a Z with 50 shot then he really sux at driving stick, teh Z is not that quick i've beaten many with my set up without a problem :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
copmagnet82 said:
i dont know, but if he loses to a Z with 50 shot then he really sux at driving stick, teh Z is not that quick i've beaten many with my set up without a problem :p
paul, this is from a stop, at a dragstrip, not cutting someone off in chicago traffic and calling it "a run".

best 50 shot time posted = 13.8 last i checked.

and to my knowledge, thats like 2 years old, launching nitrous isn't a cakewalk.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top