Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new pair of rubber floormats under warranty which is nice but now it is making the car a pain in the ass to drive because the rubber is very grippy and my size 11 shoe has a hard time letting the clutch pedal up when I change gears.

Anyone else had this problem? What can I do?

Reactions: marshall'02

·
Social Distortion fan....
2,920 Posts
WTF

I wear size 11 shoes and I don't have any problems driving my Type-S.

For my floormat setup (driver & passenger side), I have 3 layers:

1. OEM floormat

2. 2ea generic carpet floormats

3. 1ea generic SUV rubber floormat

I've had this setup since I picked up my car back in June '06.

No problems at all.

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
i know what hes talking about, these mats i got from auto zone my heel catches on them sometimes so I have to angle the mat so it doesnt catch my heel anymore..

time for bed its 521am here haha

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
i don't get it, I have stock rubber mats on top of stock mats and wear a size 11. unless it's like djstorm says and you have cheap autozone mats that suck, because i never get stuck with my mats. hell, i never touch the mats while operating the clutch either.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Is this rocket sceince?

If it's not working for you, change it.

Don't use rubber ones if your having a hard time driving with them. I didnt' put rubber ones in my car... thats ridiculous.

I see people making a 7 layer shield over their OEM floor mats... come on guys... they're floor mats, they're SUPPOSED to be stepped on... plus the floor mats in my 93 prelude looked awesome after a cleaning up till the day I got rid of the car...

Sheesh!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
i had a similar problem when i first put in my all-season mats. instead of putting the hole of the mats onto that hook on the carpet, just keep it out and pull the mat back a little.
OT but you have one of (if not THE) nicest PWP RSX's I've seen. I'm not a fan of colored rims, JDM visors or yellow high beams (headlights) but on your car, it all works sooo well.. :thumbsup:

·
C
17,229 Posts
i had a similar problem when i first put in my all-season mats. instead of putting the hole of the mats onto that hook on the carpet, just keep it out and pull the mat back a little.
same here

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
TS is a douche...he has the worst threads

I also wear size 11 and have the all weather mats. I have zero issues.

·
canonberry crew holla
22,632 Posts
OT but you have one of (if not THE) nicest PWP RSX's I've seen. I'm not a fan of colored rims, JDM visors or yellow high beams (headlights) but on your car, it all works sooo well.. :thumbsup:
lol thanks man :thumbsup:

·
61 ci now
3,335 Posts
I wear size 13 shoes + all season mats and have no issues. I took out the stock mats and put the all season ones in, I don't run the stock mats unless I'm going to a car show :) Stop being a pussy and get another pair of shoes. I've worn Diesel sneaks to boots to dress shoes and never had an issue. suck it up.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
I've just got a set of pantsavers over the carpet mats and they fit so tightly they aren't going anywhere.

I know what the threadstarter is talking about though. Time to get different mats.

My mom has the same mats I do in her Corolla and the fucker keeps sliding up to the point where you can't get the clutch to the floor. Last time I drove that car I threw the mat into the driveway and then left.

·
Banned
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've just got a set of pantsavers over the carpet mats and they fit so tightly they aren't going anywhere.

I know what the threadstarter is talking about though. Time to get different mats.

My mom has the same mats I do in her Corolla and the fucker keeps sliding up to the point where you can't get the clutch to the floor. Last time I drove that car I threw the mat into the driveway and then left.
FYI they are the OEM acura ones...seems like no one here pays attention, furthermore, they were replaced under warranty so its not like i can just go back and use the old ones

·
Banned
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and who the hell cares abour your shoe size? I wear 11 1/2 :run:
cause taller shoes hit the top of the pedal where it is hard to engage...and so the bottom end of the shoe snags from having to be positioned at a funny angle. dumbassess...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.