Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Killin Em Softly
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my primary o2 sensor is throwing a p1166 code, thus there's something wrong wiring wise. Instead of tracing through all the wires, my question was is there a way to hard wire it to the ecu? If so how and what all does it connect too. I can't seem to find any diagram. Thanks much....

·
Doing my clerk thing...
1,606 Posts
:tisk:

·
Killin Em Softly
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought a new one. and still got the same code.
I guess ill have a fun time unwrapin the harness and tracing through all the wires...
anyone know where the 4 wires connect? be alot easier to just hook up new wires to the connection points.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
i bought a new one. and still got the same code.
I guess ill have a fun time unwrapin the harness and tracing through all the wires...
anyone know where the 4 wires connect? be alot easier to just hook up new wires to the connection points.
What about the fuse?

fuse check:
under hood #14
under dash #2 and #4

Also did you reset the code?

·
Killin Em Softly
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about the fuse?

fuse check:
under hood #14
under dash #2 and #4

Also did you reset the code?
all the fuses are good, and yeah i reset the codes and it still comes up after like 15secs.

Just to clearify the p1122 is the primary, aka one closest to the engine? if so then yeah i bought a new denso primary. I also dont get a A/F reading in kpro so i def doesnt work.. and im running pretty rich..

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
all the fuses are good, and yeah i reset the codes and it still comes up after like 15secs.

Just to clearify the p1122 is the primary, aka one closest to the engine? if so then yeah i bought a new denso primary. I also dont get a A/F reading in kpro so i def doesnt work.. and im running pretty rich..
Oh fail, lame dude.

I bet something just came loose.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
danger to manifold!!!!

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts

If this is the same car from your build thread, I would start by tracing the wires back from the connector to the ECU.

Disconnect the battery while doing this so you don't blow it up again.

·
Killin Em Softly
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If this is the same car from your build thread, I would start by tracing the wires back from the connector to the ECU.

Disconnect the battery while doing this so you don't blow it up again.
yeah its the same.. i checked the voltage and 2 wires dont have show any volts while cracking the motor, and 2 wires show almost 12v(which i think is normal).. the 2 wires that dont show any volts are the green, and yellow/green strip wire. I think there all suppose to show 12v when cracking, i could be wrong though.. Ima try and find a diagram and see if i just run 2 new wires to those connectors. If anyone knows LMK lolzz..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok hi fellas I'm kinda in the same position but someone cut my catalytic converter off of my car and of course instead of unplugging the o2 sensors they just snatched it out and the pigtails off the wiring harness went with the catalytic converter so I bought both new o2 sensors but I'm going to hard wire them and my question is on the one that has the green, yellow&green strip, red, & white wires I need to know which wires go to which color wires on my o2 sensor because it has 2 white, 1 black, & 1 grey. Can y'all please help me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts