Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hardcore Automotive 4-2-1 Prototype Race Header

Features true equal length primaries and H.A's true merge collectors. This header without tuning has a huge amount of torque with a good load of top end on our BASE RSX.

It will be dyno tuned very soon.

This fits directly on a dc5 chassis and fit's the type-s sway bar and bolts up straight to a cat-back with our test pipe. Since this is a prototype, we do not know what power gains the header gives.

The owner said this

Owner said:
All I can say is that this setup has made my car a very scarey car. And this is still un-tuned

Mikey

Attachments

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Nope still doesn't work. The first two images are attached thumbnails and the last two are just attached images.

How does a base with this header makes it scary to drive? Very nice work though.

·
iBOOST- Do u?
3,880 Posts
i VieTEC said:
Nope still doesn't work. The first two images are attached thumbnails and the last two are just attached images.

How does a base with this header makes it scary to drive? Very nice work though.
Probably because its......shaking like crazy so its unsafe? lol Even at stock some ride may be scary due to fucked-up parts.

How much is the expected retail price? Will it be wide distributed? I like the design, except it has to be very high quality built due to the long merge. Its easy to break the weld IMO

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no its scary to drive because of the torque. To be truthful and honest, i drove the car and it was night and day difference in the mid-range and top end, between a dc shorty with type-s downpipe and my header mated to a 2.5" exhaust

I cannot discuss pricing on here. Please discuss elsewhere

Mikey

·
M_style
1,335 Posts
o wow the tubs look realy big i think it should give like 5 more hp on top...good job guys and congrated to the new header.. :thumbsup:

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
middle of this week, possible tomorrow if the big forklift arrives today with the long arms (we cant drive around the dyno with 10000+lbs due to concrete drying at this moment)

Mikey

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
HardcoreRsxS said:
no its scary to drive because of the torque. To be truthful and honest, i drove the car and it was night and day difference in the mid-range and top end, between a dc shorty with type-s downpipe and my header mated to a 2.5" exhaust

I cannot discuss pricing on here. Please discuss elsewhere

Mikey
Wow thats the first I've heard 140ft lbs of torque in a base being scary to drive. I wonder what that owner would do if he drove a Type S and VTEC kicked in.... probably start screaming like a little girl and drive straight off a cliff. :dontknow:

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha, thats a funny way to put it, but ya. I almost shit in my pants because a base was pulling soo much torque

If you dont believe me, come to my shop, ill dyno it right in front of you

Mikey

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HardcoreRsxS said:
The inspector was supposed to come wendesday to do a pre-final inspection of work. he ended up calling us and rescheduling for tomorrow morning.

Everything depended on the inspector and we got rescheduled. The hole is 98% done and we could put the dyno in, but the final concrete that we have to pore in would need to cure a minimum of 24 hours, which isn't enough time.
That's what happened, it was never my fault. We are putting the dyno in today. Also, i havent been in business more than 1 month

Mikey

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update, dyno is in and there is no problems. Final inspection tomorrow along with tuning this header

Stay tuned

Mikey

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
schuessler28 said:
Dude, you've been promising dynos for almost 2 months now.
The Dyno is sitting in his shop in a huge wood crate ready for installation... He is just taking a little extra time to prepare the foundation the right way the first time to avoid future issues. I have already had some quality work done at Hardcore Automotive. It's a nice shop - cool alignment machine, lift, dynos, and turbo RSXs all over the place. I think Mikey and his team will be the premier tuning option in the San Fernando Valley very soon.

-eric

·
Bleach its a must see!!!
1,219 Posts
Ericcarver1 said:
The Dyno is sitting in his shop in a huge wood crate ready for installation... He is just taking a little extra time to prepare the foundation the right way the first time to avoid future issues. I have already had some quality work done at Hardcore Automotive. It's a nice shop - cool alignment machine, lift, dynos, and turbo RSXs all over the place. I think Mikey and his team will be the premier tuning option in the San Fernando Valley very soon.

-eric
I agree ten fold. Nice work and Nice cars :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brian

·
Registered
661 Posts
mikey's always looking out for his customers, a good guy he just gave me a new hondata calibration that i have yet to try. he takes his time to help his customers, he goes above and beyond in terms of customer service.

·
THE Elitist Douchebag
5,423 Posts
strider said:
mikey's always looking out for his customers, a good guy he just gave me a new hondata calibration that i have yet to try. he takes his time to help his customers, he goes above and beyond in terms of customer service.
and he is my brother (nationality-wise) :D

·
RSX fanboy supreme
2,605 Posts
Interesting design. They merge early, and only really go from 2-1 in the exhaust. Can you release the size of the primaries? They look healthy.
Often wondered about the benefits of a stepped header,on our car.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts