Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
EFI Tuning Professional
Joined
·
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)



Stock internal type-s with basic bolt ons and stock intake manifold.
This was done on our dynojet, 1500 ft elevation, our 4-1 race header and 2.5" exhaust with a full tune using 91/103 octane mix.

Also, the car has some heavy 17" wheels, so numbers would have been slightly higher for both stock runs and after runs


Mikey
 

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
Joined
·
16,800 Posts
integrals?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
That's wassup, nice numbers.
 

·
13.43 @ 105.43
Joined
·
10,188 Posts
nice numbers
 

·
N/A to go please...
Joined
·
3,847 Posts
Again, very nice numbers. :thumbsup:

Peace

WhiZ
 

·
rawr
Joined
·
24,782 Posts
Impressive numbers, but what does "with a full tune using 91/103 octane mix" mean??
 

·
RSX fanboy supreme
Joined
·
2,605 Posts
Konsept said:
Impressive numbers, but what does "with a full tune using 91/103 octane mix" mean??
It means the possibility to add more ignition to the tune than regular 93 would allow.


Nice results.
Just imagine the possibilities with a highly-modded car with cams etc.....
 

·
EFI Tuning Professional
Joined
·
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
9bells said:
It means the possibility to add more ignition to the tune than regular 93 would allow.


Nice results.
Just imagine the possibilities with a highly-modded car with cams etc.....
got-type-sexy???: We will not dyno tune the 4-1 with hi-flow cat (should be about 5-6whp less), but we will offer it as an option.

I feel that this header needs the itr manifold to breathe its best. I already told the owner and he now will be purchasing an ITR manifold and in the future, IPS-k2 cams.

Also, our 4-2-1 will be re-designed in the next coming weeks for the type-s.

Also, since we are at 1500 ft in elevation, we think that at another dyno near sea level, numbers should be much higher

Mikey
 

·
EFI Tuning Professional
Joined
·
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also, since this is a 4-1, it's meant for all out top-end, which some drag racers need. However, I was quite amazed with the flat beefy torque curve this header put down

Mikey
 

·
RSX fanboy supreme
Joined
·
2,605 Posts
So this car had bolt-ons before, then you swapped only the header and exhaust and full-tune for after results?
I would imagine that it had stock exhaust header before?

The gains are quite nice, not limited to any certain area a great deal.
I would really like to see your 4-2-1 header tested on this car also.
It would clear a very large test variable to use same car,dyno, and supporting mods.
These gains are way more than any other header on the market.
Congrats on results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,350 Posts
9bells said:
So this car had bolt-ons before, then you swapped only the header and exhaust and full-tune for after results?
I would imagine that it had stock exhaust header before?

The gains are quite nice, not limited to any certain area a great deal.
I would really like to see your 4-2-1 header tested on this car also.
It would clear a very large test variable to use same car,dyno, and supporting mods.
These gains are way more than any other header on the market.
Congrats on results.
A quote from Hardcore's original 4-1 header thread.

HardcoreRsxS said:
Car was baselined in stock form and it made 164whp126tq

with cai, our race header, and our free flowing exhaust, we're up 31whp & 18 ft/lbs (car also had a bad batch of 91 octane fuel, ecu made me retard 2 degrees in some places due to bad knock), but after testing I found out that we had 2 exhaust leaks.

We've made the second design and we've mixed 91 with 103 octane.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,350 Posts
HardcoreRsxS said:
Also, since this is a 4-1, it's meant for all out top-end, which some drag racers need. However, I was quite amazed with the flat beefy torque curve this header put down

Mikey
You never know, your 4-2-1 might just have a convex shaped torque curve instead of a flat one :thumbsup:
 

·
EFI Tuning Professional
Joined
·
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Killbam said:
So hardcore automotive is in the process of prototyping their own headers and exhaust systems?
We have finished the design and testing for the 4-1 on the type-s, 4-2-1 on the base and our exhausts have been done for about a week

4-2-1 will be tested shortly on the same type-s, but contact me @ [email protected] if you are interested in purchasing any of our products

Clubrsx does not allow unauthorized vendors to discuss pricing

mmmotornutz said:
You never know, your 4-2-1 might just have a convex shaped torque curve instead of a flat one
I am hoping my welder can take care of the shop and do everything as scheduled while im gone for more training

Mikey
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top