Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Features true equal length primaries into hardcore automotives own 4-1 true merge collector, with a output id of 2.5, which mates to Hardcore Automotives own prototype 2.5 i.d." exhaust

This header was made last week and street tuned for a/f and cam angles on
Saturday night

This fits in a dc5 chassis and clears the stock sway bar and also bolts up to a stock or aftermarket cat-back without pushing up or down the exhaust

My street tuning confirmed some of the things I already knew, but what amazed me is that it loved a 3300 rpm vtec

After my test vehicle owner drove the car with that vtec, he complained of "neck snapping" due to the large increase in torque

Since all cam angles are tuned for fuel on the street, we will only do a composite map on the dyno this week to find out if the street tune did the job. However, i do know for a fact that on the dyno, the a/f will be much richer than on the street, but it will not be touched. We will play with ignition and +5 or -5 on the cam angles to find out which works best with this header.

THIS IS NOT THE FINAL DESIGN, CHANGES TO THE DESIGN WILL BE MADE AFTER NUMBERS ARE SHOWN.

Mikey

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gOt TyPe SeXy??? said:
Very nice, will you be able to put the stock cat or another cat for us cali people...
I know putting a cat will hinder performance but, it has to be better than what I have now???
Yes, our final 4-1 design will incorporate a custom hi-flow cat that was custom made for us

Mikey

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the stock catalytic converter is too long to fit after the merge collector. Our custom converter is only 14" long

I will go ahead and measure the stock cat tomorrow and see if there is room, but I highly doubt it

Mikey

·
M_style
1,335 Posts
wow thats a nice header...hury up and dyno it BRo we wanna see the numberss of a stock VS, jsut the headers... :thumbsup: and how much is that thing..?

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you will get numbers friday latest, you have my word. But if i dont like the numbers, i will re-design and post numbers after the final design is done

Mikey

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, unless you want the header to crack from all the engine vibration because of those o.e.m. motor mounts

Mikey

·
Friend of Slipknot
4,129 Posts
3300 VTEC? jeebus man...the Toda header on the crower base map is set to 4900 and I thought that was low.

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,968 Posts
Definately interested. I love the fact that it will not push my exhaust out, up or down. Now I just need to see if this makes more power the the DCRH. Good luck Mikey cant wait to hear the results.

·
VTAK very serious!
2,603 Posts
Do ya have a website to see all the different headers you have?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I'm definately on board

·
Registered
302 Posts
shit looks good, keep the info coming.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts