Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been prototyping this header for mikey on my base, and all I can say is that IT MAKES POWER. I have his tri-y system w/ 3" exhaust on my car and it allows the car to rev so freely. I was acctually suprised at how much power I was able to make this weekend in the canyons. I was bored, so I decided to hit up one of my local spots. After seeing a gang of ferraris come down the hill, I noticed a little orange blob in my rear view, and it ended up being one of the new Lotus Elise. Just wondering what my car could do, I decided to punch it and started pulling away. After a few turns, the lotus was gone, so I slow down and let him catch up. After I see him again around a few more corners, I can tell he was going hard, as I try again and pull away from him both on the straight and the corners. Once I got to the top of the hill, I talked to the other driver and found out he acctually club races in SCCA, so he's definetly a good driver. On the way down, I touge'ed with a S2K and was able to pass him as well. All I can say is that this setup has made my car a very scarey car. And this is still un-tuned. Tuning will come once Mr. Hardcore gets his dyno in that freakin' huge hole in the ground that he has in his shop.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I find it very hard to believe you out handled a lotus elise and out accelerated an s2000 with a base. You must be a fantastic driver and they must suck. I couldn't beat either with my type s.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Mo said:
lol lotus elise was probably a 80 year old grand ma driving
It would have to be, from my understanding the elise is one of, if not the best handling stock car on the road.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
creep3 said:
:snap: :bsflag:

Dont forget you own a base man.

Ya....

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mo said:
lol lotus elise was probably a 80 year old grand ma driving
Close. Some guy in his late 30's.

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, my suspension is pretty well built and my alignment is set for full on road race. With the power I have, I probably can easily shave a good 3-4 sec at SOWS.

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
C25A1guy said:
Also, my suspension is pretty well built and my alignment is set for full on road race. With the power I have, I probably can easily shave a good 3-4 sec at SOWS.
Well built as in what? Is this a one-off suspension system, something very custom or what? 3-4 seconds/lap shaved from an exmani? What next in this wonderful tale?

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Apexi N1 Pro w/ Swift 16kg/mm springs in the rear, front strut brace, x-brace, alex c-pillar bar, D3 rear chassis bar, type r rear strut bar, custom trunk brace, Autopower cage, rear subframe reinforced, type r rear sway bar, stitch welded chassis, and some stuff

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
doesn't make any sense really. Even with this race header gains, its improbable that you out handled a elise and passed a s2000.

·
I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS!
20,225 Posts
you people know nothing about driving.

C25A1guy is a former shifter kart racer with hundreds of hours of seat time, i dont doubt for a second he could take these cars at the place he drove, its all about the driver. I have passed ferrari's and M3 while being overtaken by a crazy driver in a sentra in the canyons before, so i know its all about the driver.

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
Havana Joe said:
you people know nothing about driving.

C25A1guy is a former shifter kart racer with hundreds of hours of seat time, i dont doubt for a second he could take these cars at the place he drove, its all about the driver. I have passed ferrari's and M3 while being overtaken by a crazy driver in a sentra in the canyons before, so i know its all about the driver.
I beg to differ, my question was more concerning him thinking of dropping 3-4 seconds/lap from just an exmani. That would take a shitload of power. I just don't see it happening, now if he said maybe .3-.4 seconds, I can buy it.

·
Shake that money maker
4,756 Posts
can't wait to see what numbers you put down on the dyno Dean

i met you at the 949 meet a couple months ago, me and my friend Bryan borrowed your tripod to take pics

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea, I'm just waitin' on mikey to get his dyno in. I'm excited to find out too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.