Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bone stock vs CAI, our tri-y race header (first design), 2.5" H.A. exhaust and a full tune

The concentration point here is the mid-range. Our 4-1 and our tri-y both made similar peak power, but good peak power that is

Mods on the car
Injen CAI
H.A. Prototype Tri-y race header
H.A. 2.5" Cat-back Exhaust
50lb 17" tire/wheel setup

Here is the comparison between our 4-1 and 4-2-1

Mikey

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Nice, when are they gonna be available.

Do you have any pictures of this one?

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we make it on a per-order basis, so it is ready to be made now.

I don't have a pic of the header with the last piece of it on, but I'll try and get a picture of it tomorrow on the car.

Mikey

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
wow nice gains/curve from just i/h/e and full tune. Would you make more or less hp with a Hi-Power since the diameter is smaller (2.25 or 2.35 i forgot)?

·
M_style
1,335 Posts
what exaust that is not loud is good for a n/a setup ..?

·
M_style
1,335 Posts
by the way goot numbers Bro.... :thumbsup:

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only exhaust I know of that is decent and has a nice tone to it is the Comptech. Other than that, Skunk 2 and our exhausts are the only ones that really qualify for the job

(Comptech and Skunk 2 are really close to 2.5" i.d. exhaust)

Mikey

·
RSX fanboy supreme
2,605 Posts
Nice job!
Now someone replace their dcrh with this, re-tune, and get the graph's posted up!
I noticed an appreciable loss between 3200 and 4000 compared to 4-1 set-up. Is there a good reason for this?
From 4000-7000, the graph is way better.
I just expected the very low-end of the 4-2-1 to be better, turns out it is not even close.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
9bells said:
Nice job!
Now someone replace their dcrh with this, re-tune, and get the graph's posted up!
I noticed an appreciable loss between 3200 and 4000 compared to 4-1 set-up. Is there a good reason for this?
From 4000-7000, the graph is way better.
I just expected the very low-end of the 4-2-1 to be better, turns out it is not even close.
It could because of the tune is focus on 4000rpm+. Since it is their first design so I think better result will be coming.

·
RSX fanboy supreme
2,605 Posts
DarkAngel said:
It could because of the tune is focus on 4000rpm+. Since it is their first design so I think better result will be coming.
I was under the impression that the gentlemen running this company were not likely to leave tuning on the table.
Anyways, hopefully it is rectified. I think even with that, the 4-2-1 is a no-brainer over the 4-1, in this lightly modified state.
I'm guessing the x-over is at 5400?
It seems incredibly smooth on the 4-2-1 dyno.
Just noticed a small jump at 3800 rpm, wouldn't that be a sweet v-tec point?

·
A/F master
2,828 Posts
I'll be ordering mine today or tomorrow so as soon as I get it I will post dyno results

·
Knockin' Bitches Over
79,530 Posts
HardcoreRsxS said:
The only exhaust I know of that is decent and has a nice tone to it is the Comptech. Other than that, Skunk 2 and our exhausts are the only ones that really qualify for the job

(Comptech and Skunk 2 are really close to 2.5" i.d. exhaust)

Mikey
how about the buddy club spec III

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Below 3k is the characteristic of the header. But I just drove the car on 91 octane and put the owners stock exhaust on , torque is definitely there (you dont feel that hump down low)

Vtec is at 3900 and would probably like it a little bit lower, but I ran out of time to test the header.

na rsx: If you can tell me the o.d. of the exhaust, I can tell you if the i.d. is good eough

Like Park said, you must sacrifice a louder exhaust for power

Mikey

1 - 20 of 59 Posts