Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a base rsx with an sri and catback. I havent been around to drive my car lately but my dad has decided to start using my car for the past couple months as a DD. Now that I'm back there's a TERRIBLE squealing when I drive. When I accelerate or just cruise or braking there's a squealing. When I have my windows open it sounds like it's coming from the driver side wheel well. I have absolutely no idea what the squealing is. I haven't changed my oil in a while too so I'm not sure if that's the problem but I'm gunna change it soon and see what happens. But if that's not the case, what could be wrong with it?

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Maybe a caliper is sticking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
First, check under the car to make sure a splashguard didn't come unscrewed and is rubbing the ground while you drive (mine did that and made a sound as if a marble was rolling around in my wheel and as if I had a flat tire or rubbing). Then if you have time, jack your car up and spin the wheel/tire to see if it hits anything, and take it off to see if you can find anything wrong in that area.

edit: What kind of SRI do you have? I know of some people that have a sort of "hissing" sound from it. Did the sound start after that was installed or just randomly?

·
408 baydestrian.
516 Posts
would it still squeal if i wasnt hitting the brakes?
YESssssss it would. if your pads are low, there's a notification tab that makes the brakes squeal.

Not supposed to squeal as loud as you're claiming they do, but i believe that the tab is breakable. if you think you have enough pad to last you a while, just bend it and snap it off... otherwise, go get new pads so you won't have to worry bout it :thumbsup: g'luck with it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was fine today.... from what I've observed, it only happens in the rain :\ i'll take it off tomorrow to check around when I do my oil.

I have an AEM SRI, and yeah, there's a hissing sound from the install. It sounds cool now that I have the catback on (Magnaflow).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts