Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read so many negative stories about them. It makes you think that every single genesis halo projector produced has gone bad. I just wanted to see if there were a couple of people on this board that has never had a problem with them. I have the 5000k h3 xenon depot kit and i'm just about ready to purchase the halos.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do u like them so far? Do you have HID's with them?

·
Wreakin Havoc
1,654 Posts
I have had them for 4 months or so. I have no HIDS just silverstars. I guess I am waiting for the silverstars to burn out too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BEDSTRAPS said:
I have had them for 4 months or so. I have no HIDS just silverstars. I guess I am waiting for the silverstars to burn out too.
Be optimistic!

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
fabpaul said:
How do u like them so far? Do you have HID's with them?
Philips bluevisions, one bulb blew but it was a defect, the glass must have had an air bubble cause it cracked. I got it replaced free.

Wish I had the $$$ for HIDs but as long as you get them profesionally aligned you should have no problem seeing at night.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I've had mine for several months, no problems. I initially thought I had a problem with the halos, but it was just some wiring that I had done wrong. The only thing that I think sucks about them is the H3 bulbs that they come with...

·
Rage With the Machines
1,280 Posts
that can be changed right.....and the clips can be fixed......but the hot spots....maybe a better lens im guessing?....
and i think fitment is still an issue.....
lotta things can go wrong....but im about to buy them....anyone got any info on how to make fitment better or can a body shop heat up the plastic and make them fit?

p.s. .....i asked this before....guess ill ask again in here...
im looking for someone that capable to take apart the halo's.....have them painted by a body shop...and then change the bulb and fix the clips....then put it back together and ship back to me for a reasonable price.....

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I've had mine for several months now.... I have CATZ H3 6000K HID... I love the HID and the projectors.... I didn't have anytroubles with them and I am not expcting to...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, those look good. Did u buy the projectors from this site?

·
Rage With the Machines
1,280 Posts
wow...fitment looks great.....did you do anything to them????
think you got it from the genises website?
i heard that there are 2 companies making them...one being the cheaper of the two....
but i also heard that they both suffered from the same problems.....but yours look great.....
please find out where you got them......thanks...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Yes I got them from Genesis.... now I remember I couldn't think of the name before... I didn't have any problems and the fitment was great... I guess it must me the draw of the luck...to what quality u will get....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do u think it would look good if HID's are installed but both halos went out?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts