Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Curious Gooner
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on another forum..

BMW owner tapes black car to white

When a BMW 335i owner in Munich became bored with his black coupe, he hired a team to wrap it in white tape. Two days later, he drove home in his refreshed "Alpine White" coupe (with an M3-appearing black roof). No, it's not normal tape. It's a special 3M wrap, and the process is known as "foiling." Apparently, the German military has been using the process (with an olive drab tape) for some time now. Likewise, the process is popular with race teams and taxi companies. Available in countless colors, the tape itself is thick enough to protect the paint from minor chips and nicks, and it can be left adhered to the surface for 3-4 years without damage (!). Adhesion isn't a problem either, as the tape can even withstand an automatic car wash without peeling off. Thanks for the tip Frank.
Source: Autoblog

http://www.foilacar.com/colourchangefoil_galerie.php#
http://www.foilacar.com/start.php

·
Registered
51 Posts
that is very interesting, it would be great for people who do a lot of highway driving

·
Im no mexican im Hawaiian
2,999 Posts
Thats cool but i bet it cost alot of $

·
say wahh?
284 Posts
danng.. omg thats so cool! shoot, i would do that to my car if i could. and was baller like that! haHaha

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
A lot of exotic owners in CA are going to do it for the Gumball Rally

·
rawr
24,782 Posts
saw this earlier today on the e90post boards... pretty freaking cool, but I'm not so sure how it would handle extreme temperature changes (i.e. freezing cold, to super humid disgusting heat).

·
Curious Gooner
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
thats sick cuz you can change the color of your car if cops are chasing you and u have a minute in a dark alley to rip it all off :shady:

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
^ Yup

·
Check REPTAR!!!!!!
15,879 Posts
thats how shit like this happens. this hasnt been confirmed but this is either chrome (doubtful), foiling, or this shit called liquid silver paint

either way it is cool but seems to be used more for advertising than changing a car color

·
Curious Gooner
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats how shit like this happens. this hasnt been confirmed but this is either chrome (doubtful), foiling, or this shit called liquid silver paint

either way it is cool but seems to be used more for advertising than changing a car color
yea i saw a m3 with that paint on it, and i heard it was illegal for it to be on the road, due to the reflection.

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
first outer inner last... :shady:

lol. i've heard of it, but never actually seen it. 2-2.5k sounds expensive. i wonder how it looks in person

1 - 20 of 22 Posts