Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea has anyone had the type r set up with toda cams instead of type r cams? if not, would you think this is better or not?
 

·
SS Specialist to the 6th
Joined
·
32,460 Posts
Errr.. :

Type-R setup - ITR cams, K20A ECU flash, ITR IM

If you use Toda Cams, you should use the Toda flash. The flashes are customized for each application.
 

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
Joined
·
5,586 Posts
dc5guy said:
yea has anyone had the type r set up with toda cams instead of type r cams? if not, would you think this is better or not?
What do you mean by "TypeR" setup? Do you mean a real K20A, or the K20A2 with TypeR components to make it equal to a K20A? TODA cams will work in either case, and you don't need the TODA flash to use the SpecA cams. They were designed for the TypeS and TypeR.
 

·
SS Specialist to the 6th
Joined
·
32,460 Posts
7900rpms said:
What do you mean by "TypeR" setup? Do you mean a real K20A, or the K20A2 with TypeR components to make it equal to a K20A? TODA cams will work in either case, and you don't need the TODA flash to use the SpecA cams. They were designed for the TypeS and TypeR.
So you are saying that if a person was to put Toda Spec-A cams in their car without a flash that it will work fine :dontknow: I'm sure it will "work" but I would hate to see that car at the track :nervous:
 

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
Joined
·
5,586 Posts
BlackNite said:
So you are saying that if a person was to put Toda Spec-A cams in their car without a flash that it will work fine :dontknow: I'm sure it will "work" but I would hate to see that car at the track :nervous:
Go to TODA's site and read the legend. It says, and I quote them "Compatible with standard ECU. Idle is not affected". They will work fine. There is always room for ECU tuning, even with the stock cams, but the TODA cams on a stock ECU will still make more power then the stock cams.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alot of good replies, but still, has ANYONE tried this?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top