Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I recently seen this part and I decided to to dish the money for it not sure if any gains at all I have not found any info at all
So what it’s called is a shift wire rigid collar
Part number 00110-dc5-moo1

Now when you look it up under shift wire rigid collar all you find are the pics of what I have but no info and then you see the rigid collar for the subframe witch is not the same part

Has anyone bought this part or any experience in this part ? I will attach some pics of it and where it is installed I have replaced anything I can think of needing to replaced for shifting the
clutch
Hardmotion slave cylinder
Hybrid racing master cylinder
braided line
Shifter pivot ball and spring
Gear selector spring
So that’s why I purchased but just curios if any one else has used this part before thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea mine were also but decided to splur and spend on the bushing lol we shall see if it makes a difference

·
Registered
112 Posts
Never seen those, but I recently bought the Hybrid Racing shifter bushings, and the difference was night and day! I never knew that the gears could be compacted into a much smaller area than it was before I replaced them lol. Even though the Hybrid Racing has the spherical bearing in it, it was very stiff in the beginning, but after a few weeks of use it finally eased up a bit. I guess anything is better than 13 year old bushings, but I like the new notchy feel with the Hybrid Racing bushings.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok yea I think they are similar I’m not sure and ok we will see when I install and thanks wish I would have seen the hybrid racing ones first could have saved $40 but oh well I’ll post pics after I get it installed

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,195 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks and I see you got those other bushings I was not sure if those really will help with shifting or show a difference have you noticed a difference and I already got the gear selector spring and shifter pivot ball and spring and now these was not sure if I really needed these other bushinings

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok yea I think they are similar I’m not sure and ok we will see when I install and thanks wish I would have seen the hybrid racing ones first could have saved $40 but oh well I’ll post pics after I get it installed
I'm sure that they're pretty much the same. Yours will probably be stiffer since they're completely solid. Mine were really stiff at the beginning, but they loosened up to a good level. The range to find the gears becomes a lot shorter compared to OEM. I find myself actually having to do the H motion instead of crossing diagonally from 2-3 or 4-5.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,195 Posts
I was not sure if those really will help with shifting or show a difference have you noticed a difference
As with a lot of people, when I DIY'd it I did a few things a the same time. I couldn't concretely tell you which did exactly what, but these did help. The review from this guy says it cleaned up the shifting for him: https://www.kseriesparts.com/KTD-SFT-BUS-A.html

I find myself actually having to do the H motion instead of crossing diagonally from 2-3 or 4-5.
You do?! Holy cow! :eek: Idk if it's the neutral return spring (https://www.kseriesparts.com/KTD-PB-SPRG.html) or what but I don't think about the H so it must do it for me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts