Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today my adapter from hasport came in so I can run a k20 charger on the k24 head. :thumbsup:

But my question is about gaskets for it. With this adapter plate should I just run two stock metal gaskets? Or can I still run a Hondata IMG? I have both my k20 and k24 hondata gasket. But with the adapter plate already being thicker should I leave off the hondata gasket?

Also do I use both metal gaskets on each side of the adapter then? Thank you for any help

·
Billy Ball is in effect
7,013 Posts
My hasport adapter never fit properly. I junked it and ran a 3/8 NPT fitting to a 90 deg hose fitting.

Good luck though.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Check out the first 3 pics of my post here. I'm running Brand new OEM metal, hasport gasket, Hondata IMG, JRSC. Make sure to put just a touch of hondabond over the countersunk boltheads on the backside of the HASPORT gasket or you will probably have leaks like I did and have to pull it all off again and redo it. I also had to get longer bolts for all the additional gaskets I was running. Good luck!

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showpost.php?p=493189&postcount=247

·
Billy Ball is in effect
7,013 Posts
Sell it dude. My shit didnt fit well either.

Get an 3/8 NPT Adapter to a 90 degree hose fitting. Itll fit, well and best of all you can keep using your manifold gasket.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got the same setup....06 TSX swap in 05 RSX. I'm using the Hondata k24a2 IMG, Hasport adapter, RSX metal intake manifold gasket, RSX Charger. I too had to get longer bolts...it's a tight squeeze but patience and another set of hands will do the job. I just got everything all button up..will take pics and post later.

·
Supercharged K24A2
194 Posts
Bit of an older thread, but where did you guys get quality longer bolts from, when using the hassport adapter and an img?

·
Billy Ball is in effect
7,013 Posts
McMaster-Carr works great.:thumbsup:

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
Sell it dude. My shit didnt fit well either.

Get an 3/8 NPT Adapter to a 90 degree hose fitting. Itll fit, well and best of all you can keep using your manifold gasket.
I agree that is the easy and painless route. The Hasport will junkout eventually and you will be dealing with this all over again.
Why will the Hasport crap out? Does everyone have fitment issues?

I'm a bit confused, how does the 3/8 NPT fitting and 90* Hose replace the need for the Hasport adaptor :confused:

Thanks guys

·
Been there & gone back
2,315 Posts
Why will the Hasport crap out? Does everyone have fitment issues?

I'm a bit confused, how does the 3/8 NPT fitting and 90* Hose replace the need for the Hasport adaptor :confused:

Thanks guys
Good question I should have given more details so my bad.

Instead of using the bypass provided by the hasport which has been pron to leakage from day one. You would tap the head and put your own fitting in and run your line. This will prevent you from ever having to deal with bolts getting loose and leaks occuring and the thick gasket you have to deal with on the hasport setup. Then you could run your hondata gasket or whatever just as you do today witht he K20. Just a lot easier now and in the future imho

Erik you have a pic please post it will you?

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts

Instead of using the bypass provided by the hasport which has been pron to leakage from day one. You would tap the head and put your own fitting in and run your line. This will prevent you from ever having to deal with bolts getting loose and leaks occuring and the thick gasket you have to deal with on the hasport setup. Then you could run your hondata gasket or whatever just as you do today witht he K20. Just a lot easier now and in the future imho

Ohhh ok I gotcha, that makes sense. My K24 swap will be happening soon, and before this thread getting bumped I didn't see anything about issues with the Hasport being faulty. Glad there is a better solution, and seems to be a A LOT cheaper too.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts

Bump!

I'd like to see this because I bought a CT RSX supercharger for my K24.

Pics please! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts