Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
Bump!

I'd like to see this because I bought a CT RSX supercharger for my K24.

Pics please! :thumbsup:
That;s what I'm going to be working on as well, I don't anyone else has attempted a CTSC on a k24 yet :noes:

·
Billy Ball is in effect
7,013 Posts
You tap the coolant hole using an 3/8 NPT tap.

Then you thread something like this guy on.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#5670k92/=5ugviw

Boom, you now have a fitting that routes your coolant from your head, through the fitting and out of the hose fitting into your coolant hose.

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
You tap the coolant hole using an 3/8 NPT tap.

Then you thread something like this guy on.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#5670k92/=5ugviw

Boom, you now have a fitting that routes your coolant from your head, through the fitting and out of the hose fitting into your coolant hose.
Thanks!

Which one is the one that gets tapped.. the one closest to runners or farthest away.

·
Billy Ball is in effect
7,013 Posts
Cant view photobucket at work. Ill take a look at it later.

·
0 Posts
Great pic thanks!

So technically I have to tap both because I tap the one on the left for a barb and the one on right I tap to block of with a bolt?
No, you only have to tap the water port, on the left. The righthand port is just an EGR port. It does not go anywhere. I plugged it for cosmetic reasons.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Check out the first 3 pics of my post here. I'm running Brand new OEM metal, hasport gasket, Hondata IMG, JRSC. Make sure to put just a touch of hondabond over the countersunk boltheads on the backside of the HASPORT gasket or you will probably have leaks like I did and have to pull it all off again and redo it. I also had to get longer bolts for all the additional gaskets I was running. Good luck!

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showpost.php?p=493189&postcount=247
I had leakage issues at first and went back to hasport Brian made a new one with less countersink to the countersunk holes lol. Just add Hondabond and your all good, no issues here!

Also I tried to tap the head and used the correct tap etc and for some reason could not get my fitting to thread, that is why I went hasport.

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
I had leakage issues at first and went back to hasport Brian made a new one with less countersink to the countersunk holes lol. Just add Hondabond and your all good, no issues here!

Also I tried to tap the head and used the correct tap etc and for some reason could not get my fitting to thread, that is why I went hasport.
Thats true, they are local to us....so they made you a "custom" piece?

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
I love the little honda mecha that is just south of University :D
Lol right? And JDMLand/ICB down the I-10 too.

Did you use the Hasport adaptor?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Erik I though either could be tapped like so....?

Wait a minute... that isn't right, the plugged one is the water port and the other can be left open.

They didn't make me a custom piece I just took it back cause it was leaking and they made a new one with lesser countersunk bolts that hold the adapter on to the plate and I sealed it up with some honda bond.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Atleast that isn't your motor! All that is doing is routing coolant to a dead ended port in the head if I remember correctly.

·
0 Posts
Atleast that isn't your motor! All that is doing is routing coolant to a dead ended port in the head if I remember correctly.
Correct. It would be like sticking your dick your wife's armpit instead of her vagina. Sure, but why?

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Armpit skin is quite wonderful....:shady:
Until you find out she didn't shave her armpit hair and it feels like sandpaper. :shady:

Erik, so the EGR port isn't used at all? Like that hole is there but it doesn't lead to anything?

Why'd Honda cast the EGR port into the head if it's not used... :confused:

Are none of the EGR ports used for the Z3 or K24 heads? :dontknow:

21 - 40 of 82 Posts