Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just stumble upon this while browsing kseriesparts.com http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/HAS-HP-DC5LHA.html. Since basically the only difference between the manual and automatic was the driver side mount, we now have a full set for the hasport mount for the automatic rsx. Automatic finally have a choice between Innovative, Hasport and Hard Race to choose from.

· Wiring is <3
637 Posts
I just stumble upon this while browsing kseriesparts.com http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/HAS-HP-DC5LHA.html. Since basically the only difference between the manual and automatic was the driver side mount, we now have a full set for the hasport mount for the automatic rsx. Automatic finally have a choice between Innovative, Hasport and Hard Race to choose from.
Yup! already ordered mine, but its about 2-3 week wait to receive it. Kseries parts is the only company that stocks the Hasports steel mounts as well

· Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup! already ordered mine, but its about 2-3 week wait to receive it. Kseries parts is the only company that stocks the Hasports steel mounts as well
That's awesome, I can't wait for the review. Take some images and post it up when you're finish with the install. I was debating between these and the hardrace.

· Wiring is <3
637 Posts
That's awesome, I can't wait for the review. Take some images and post it up when you're finish with the install. I was debating between these and the hardrace.
Well 3 weeks after I ordered them, they stopped production of them.... Thanks Hasport :confused:

· Wiring is <3
637 Posts
What!? We still make them. There are plenty on the shelf at Hasport.

brian g
I was told by kseriesparts that Hasport stopped production of them due to lack of sales?

If you have them ready to go, just let me know how or where to order and my money is yours :thumbsup:

· Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was told by kseriesparts that Hasport stopped production of them due to lack of sales?

If you have them ready to go, just let me know how or where to order and my money is yours :thumbsup:
I'll be waiting for that review. I was so disappointed when you posted that they didn't have it anymore and never replied back.

I'll have someone call kseriesparts.com Monday and let them know. In the mean time you can get them directlyat hasport.com or visit our distributor page and by them from one our other vendors.

brian g
Hi Brian, I was wondering what happen to that automatic rsx project you had awhile ago? Have you ever considered making motor mounts with rubber bushing? I was leaning towards the hard race mounts because they have rubber bushing, but I always love the design/look of the hasport mount.

· Premium Member
14,807 Posts
Well 3 weeks after I ordered them, they stopped production of them.... Thanks Hasport :confused:
Ryan i think you misread or misheard the information you were provided when we spoke. I stated we are no longer carrying the steel mounts due to lack of sales. Not that Hasport had completely stopped producing them.

As far as the brackets go those are listed on the site ready to go:
http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/HAS-DC5A2M.html

· Official Voice of Hasport
46 Posts
I've been daily driving the RSX for about a year or more. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do any other modifications due to time constraints.

About rubber. If you make engine mounts with rubber, you can't really replace them easily unless you made them a press in like we do with the urethane. And if you're doing that, urethane is a better choice.

Hard Race probably uses an Asian manufacturer that basically copies the Honda mount, which means the rubber is bonded to the steel case. There are several of these manufacturers and they sell mounts to companies like O'Reilly, Pep Boys, JC Whitney, etc. Back in the 90's when we owned a salvage yard and sold aftermarket copies of stock Honda mounts, I noticed they were much stiffer than stock. Hard Race states their mount is 150% stiffer than stock. They may specify a stiffer rubber when having them made, or they may just come that way from the manufacturer. But if you decide you need an even stiffer mount, you're out of luck. So if that was us, we would have to stock more part numbers to get the range of durometers we need to satisfy our customers. By having replaceable urethane, we stock fewer parts.

Also rubber eventually tears and if it's bonded to the steel, then you'd need to replace the whole mount. It's much more economical to just replace the urethane. We also have the option of changing the durometer if the problem is being caused by too much horsepower.

brian g

· Official Voice of Hasport
46 Posts
Just so you know ryaano18 and automaticRSX, you have two choices from us on the auto 2 manual conversion. You can use the normal auto 2 manual bracket that works with the stock mount or the Hasport steel mount, or we also make a A2M bracket that works with the billet mount.

The original bracket is this one.

The new auto to manual bracket and billet mount looks like this.

brian g

· Wiring is <3
637 Posts
Just so you know ryaano18 and automaticRSX, you have two choices from us on the auto 2 manual conversion. You can use the normal auto 2 manual bracket that works with the stock mount or the Hasport steel mount, or we also make a A2M bracket that works with the billet mount.

The original bracket is this one.

The new auto to manual bracket and billet mount looks like this.

brian g
How can I order the updated billet one with bracket? It is not on your website nor on a google search

· Wiring is <3
637 Posts
Ryan i think you misread or misheard the information you were provided when we spoke. I stated we are no longer carrying the steel mounts due to lack of sales. Not that Hasport had completely stopped producing them.

As far as the brackets go those are listed on the site ready to go:
http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/HAS-DC5A2M.html
My apologies on this. I did completely misunderstand when we talked on the phone, but thanks for bringing light to the matter

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.