Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
You may want to take it to your local paintless dent removal shops. Some of them do minor paint touch ups and it would cost a lot less compared to a regular body shop.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
i think i have heard of people getting thier insurance to cover this. you might want to call and ask about it.

i feel how pissed you are, it sucks. goodluck

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Is it a dent or just a scratch? If it's down to the metal you're going to have to seek professional assistance. Call the local body shops by you and ask about pricing. If you don't plan on getting it fixed for some time, fill the scratch in with some touch up paint. Might not look good, but at least you're protecting your car from unwanted rust.

And your car could use a bath. :laughing: ;)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EternalBlue said:
Is it a dent or just a scratch? If it's down to the metal you're going to have to seek professional assistance. Call the local body shops by you and ask about pricing. If you don't plan on getting it fixed for some time, fill the scratch in with some touch up paint. Might not look good, but at least you're protecting your car from unwanted rust.

And your car could use a bath. :laughing: ;)
Mannnnn! its like 20 degrees out here & the car wash i took it to after it just snowed put a nice lil surface swirl on it.
But yeah its pretty much dirty as $hit....Its a New York winter what can i say.
OK i just took it to a body shop. He put his nail in the scratch & said its down to the metal...
He wanted to sand the whole area,........ smooth it out & paint the WHOLE F'ing trunk. Take the emblems off throw them in the garbage & get new ones because he said the two sided tape never goes back on correctly. So I need a new ACURA, , A, RSX & TYPE S emblem, because they cant be masked off.
Total price of something that took 1.003 seconds to do.... on a walk by without taking responsibilty for your act of vandalisim.
:firemad:
$350.00
bringing my total cost of operation for a decent looking car in the month of Jan. 2004 to .................$930.00
I would have much rather him take me out for dinner or at least buy me a drink before reaming me in the ass with no lube. I mean spit on it at least....... you kno. :laughing:

Has anybody else got any estimates for a scratch like this. A dollar amount????
this is only estimate # 1 hopefully it goes down.

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
You don't need to buy new emblems, just buy a fresh roll of double sided tape. It works fine.

Full trunk repaint would be between $300$35 CDN, so you are probably looking in the right range, $250-$300 US for a good job.

You can also ask if he can "blend" it, where they just paint the area for about $100, but it might be too deep, and blends are never perfect.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have seen scratches like that wetsanded by some very talented people, chances are you will not find any such people in your area. If it is truely down to the bare metal, it is a respray. There are shops that could airbrush that scratch and make it at least bareable to look at for a fraction of the price you were quoted.

FWIW, when you rubbed off the dirt to expose the scratch, you induced what appears to be some pretty nice swirls. It is never a good idea to touch the paint when it is dirty with anything without lubrication. I know you were probably thinking "I am getting it painted anyway so" but just for everyone reaading this thread.

Sorry that happened to your car, that sucks.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mistaclean said:
I have seen scratches like that wetsanded by some very talented people, chances are you will not find any such people in your area. If it is truely down to the bare metal, it is a respray. There are shops that could airbrush that scratch and make it at least bareable to look at for a fraction of the price you were quoted.

FWIW, when you rubbed off the dirt to expose the scratch, you induced what appears to be some pretty nice swirls. It is never a good idea to touch the paint when it is dirty with anything without lubrication. I know you were probably thinking "I am getting it painted anyway so" but just for everyone reaading this thread.

Sorry that happened to your car, that sucks.
Thanks. Yeah basiacally, thats what i was thinking, it was gonna be a respray anyway I may wait until the spring to do it. I still have a few estimates to get ill keep everybody posted.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
yuk...sorry to hear dude...I had some hateage on my ride too, it was around $200 for a trunk respray, but I had my car in there for an accident claim, so the shop knocked off a few bucks.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
I had a nightmare about hate-age on my RSX last night. All these horror stories are getting to me. People getting their doors kicked into, another pelted by hail, keyed... :(

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
EternalBlue said:
I had a nightmare about hate-age on my RSX last night. All these horror stories are getting to me. People getting their doors kicked into, another pelted by hail, keyed... :(
ya...it sucks...but Im sure you will be fine :)

Frosty tells me you are a nice girl, so ...ther should be no reason for hating :)

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
pee-wee said:
ya...it sucks...but Im sure you will be fine :)

Frosty tells me you are a nice girl, so ...ther should be no reason for hating :)
I guess this means I need to give a shout out to Frosty. Hey, man! :wavey: And I should probably :wavey: you, too, pee-wee. :)

Unfortunetly, if my car is parked and I'm not around, no one will know who owns it, I'd assume it was a guy's car especially with my black steelies/snow tires...there's always those random acts of violence. I park my car away from everyone so therefor I must think I am special and essentially too good to park with the rest of the cars - end result is hate-age. But it hasn't happened yet!!! So I'm not even worrying about it. Right now I just want to try out my new Quick & Easy hoseless car wash. :laughing:

·
Registered
469 Posts
When I took my old car to the mechanic they accidently scratched the fender (deep scratch), I was pissed but the mechanic told me that he has a friend who can air brush it and will look fine, I didn't believe him at first because I talked to several body shops and they told me that it wont look good, but trust me it looked as good as new, if the guy knows what he's doing you should not have a problem, don't be paying some body shop to repaint your whole trunk that's stupid

1 - 14 of 14 Posts