Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
145,086,157 Posts
Love the color, but what's up with the rear wheels?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Is that a wrap or paint?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, same question here. My original paint is badly faded on the hood, considering paint/wrap options too. That looks super sharp!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah, same question here. My original paint is badly faded on the hood, considering paint/wrap options too. That looks super sharp!
I would just get a quote from a known good bodyshop to paint the hood. If you plan to keep the car long term, paint it because it lasts longer than wrap. Plus, painting a hood would obviously be cheaper than wrapping a whole car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, but I was kinda looking at it as an excuse to change the whole color/finish anyway. Not really a fan of the stock red, but bought it based on mileage/condition and preferred the tan interior over black. (Also considered just getting a CF replacement hood.)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks, but I was kinda looking at it as an excuse to change the whole color/finish anyway. Not really a fan of the stock red, but bought it based on mileage/condition and preferred the tan interior over black. (Also considered just getting a CF replacement hood.)
Burgandy Red or the Ferrari Red?

Wrapping the whole car is only good if you don't have that many dings overall. Also to get it done professionally, you're looking at $2000-3000. What mods do you have done to it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Ferrari red. Body is pretty clean overall. Only mods are suspension; engine’s been rebuilt but otherwise stock. Still lust after the R-type rear wing, that’d be the other exterior mod (replacing the hatch lip spoiler) to go along w/ the cosmetic makeover.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The Ferrari red. Body is pretty clean overall. Only mods are suspension; engine’s been rebuilt but otherwise stock. Still lust after the R-type rear wing, that’d be the other exterior mod (replacing the hatch lip spoiler) to go along w/ the cosmetic makeover.
Ah nice, I would stick with repainting the hood, clay bar, polish and ceramic wax it to bring back the shine. With some decent white wheels, it'll definitely be a looker. Get a Type-R wing painted along with the hood to save you some money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are those that kansei wheels? They look like the buddy club wheels. I want to get a set of those wheels

·
Registered
181 Posts

Get a set of OEM 05-06, refurbished for ~$250 each, get them painted white. Profit. Plus I don't think anyone would want to steal OEM wheels if you live in a rough area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was think of getting the ITR in silver alloy but I like the style you have. Plus my car is tucked away and only sees weekend drives or track time. But I really want to get a set like yours

1 - 17 of 17 Posts