Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
17,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God damn it's been a while since I've driven a car and the last car I did have was my 2002 RSX.

For the folks who had an RSX, what did you progress to over the years?

·
Master baiter
11,278 Posts
Holy shit. 8 years?
Welcome back BTW.

RSX to Camaro SS to Lexus LS400 to Mini Cooper S to BMW M3 to Corvette Z06 to another M3 to V8 S-10 to 03 Cobra to LSX RX-7 to 370Z to 2011 STI to 08 VF650 M3 to 03 Cobra to 2012 GTR.
May have forgotten a few. Those don't include daily drivers or Jeeps.

·
Banned
17,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy shit. 8 years?
Welcome back BTW.

RSX to Camaro SS to Lexus LS400 to Mini Cooper S to BMW M3 to Corvette Z06 to another M3 to V8 S-10 to 03 Cobra to LSX RX-7 to 370Z to 2011 STI to 08 VF650 M3 to 03 Cobra to 2012 GTR.
May have forgotten a few. Those don't include daily drivers or Jeeps.
Thanks man. Nice to see you stuck around.

How do you like the M3? I was considering that myself.

·
Banned
17,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
holy fucking shit, wassup dude!?!?!

I went from the RSX to that Shelby Cobra rep. & from that to my '08 Corvette Z06.

I dont have the car ADD that Lingers does. lol
Oh shit, wassup ocho. Looks like lots of people getting Z06's

·
Master baiter
11,278 Posts
Thanks man. Nice to see you stuck around.

How do you like the M3? I was considering that myself.
I loved both E46 M3s. Great driving cars.

I really liked the E92 M3, but it lacked torque. Even with the VF650 kit on it. It screamed, but was gutless.
First time I test drove a stock E92 M3, I thought something was wrong with it. I asked the salesman if I could take it to redline and about 4800RPM is where it woke up.
I like torque down low and not having to redline it to get all the fun out of it all the time.
Had to downshift to pass cars basically.
The exhaust note though. OMG that was one of the best sounding exhausts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3qKEbRHQjg

·
American HP!!
25,619 Posts
Oh shit, wassup ocho. Looks like lots of people getting Z06's
well dude, I always loved Vettes........& if I was going to get one, it was going to be one of the really bad ass ones.

I really liked my Cobra, it was a super fun car to drive, but it was also very, very impractical.

I LOOOOOOOOVE my Vette. Ridiculous amounts of power, disgusting torque down low (& all the way through) & incredibly comfortable (compared to the Cobra)

·
Banned
17,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the new NSX a dumb buy? I always wanted the old one and the new one looks so pretty.

·
NA Today
1,505 Posts
Is the new NSX a dumb buy? I always wanted the old one and the new one looks so pretty.
If you have $150,000 to blow it's probably a great buy. They did a brief review of it on The Grand Tour, Jeremy Clarkson I believe was the one who drove it and he said it's on par with the supercars that cost upwards of $1 million (Porsche 918, La Ferrari, etc.)

·
Certified Master Brewer
12,224 Posts
RSX to Subaru to Lotus to work van, because fuck the company I work for let them pay for my transportation

wait

I own the company

fuck

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I still drive my 2002 RSX. Still under 100k miles.
My other car is a 92 XJ with 160k miles.

They both have their uses. No plans to get rid of either. I haven't had a regular commute since 2008, so not putting on that many miles.

I've had about a dozen other cars ... 3 that I bought new.

Back in 2004 I made the decision to do more mods on the RSX rather than buy an old NSX. Can only drive one at a time anyway, and the NSX would have been so much more expensive to work on.

So why no driving for 8 years? Waiting for that self-driving car?

·
ICUStalking
10,193 Posts
Manhattan ruins people who like to drive.

RSX to Jeep Grand Cherokee to Mazda 3 to Chevy Trailblazer. No more sporty cars as DDs for me, too small. Got a kid and another on the way.

·
GJS
131 Posts
If you have $150,000 to blow it's probably a great buy. They did a brief review of it on The Grand Tour, Jeremy Clarkson I believe was the one who drove it and he said it's on par with the supercars that cost upwards of $1 million (Porsche 918, La Ferrari, etc.)
Saw that episode. I love the NSX. If you have the money then it's worth it.
But realistically I probably wouldn't spend that much on a car anyways, unless I am making that much money in a month...

·
American HP!!
25,619 Posts
nah man, I got a 2009 Nissan Frontier with 126,000 miles on it now.

Will probably drive that thing till the wheels fall off, but I really like the new Silverado's.

Although I honestly can't see myself ever paying $40K+ for a fucking truck!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts