Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
DDS
7,182 Posts
nah man, I got a 2009 Nissan Frontier with 126,000 miles on it now.

Will probably drive that thing till the wheels fall off, but I really like the new Silverado's.

Although I honestly can't see myself ever paying $40K+ for a fucking truck!
yeah used is the way to go, let some other fool pay the depreciation. Plus older models already have an online archive of common problems/solutions.

·
GJS
131 Posts
Although I honestly can't see myself ever paying $40K+ for a fucking truck!
+1
My wife's boss has a new Raptor and I'm like "why???!!" He has money to blow but I can't justify a purchase like that for myself. It is pretty badass though..

But honestly trucks are ridiculously expensive purchasing new anyways. Used is definitely the way to go, but you'll still be paying premium compared to a car.

Back in 2003 my dad bought a new V8 Tundra for $24k. It now has 260k miles and we have used it to build multiple houses and tow Boats. I'm going to use it to build my house next year. No major repairs just regular maintenance done.
Although it has been 14 years, it's incredible how the trucks have changed nowadays.

·
American HP!!
25,619 Posts
yeah, had a buddy who had a Raptor & that thing was super bad ass........but it was also super expensive, I think something like $50k+........fuck that.

My truck is all beat up, little ding & dents everywhere. Haven't washed it in like 2 years, lol. It's very liberating not giving a fuck. I park where ever I want, don't give a shit if someone parks too close or anything.

completely the opposite with the Vette though. Keep that bad boy in pristine condition. Park Faaaaaaaar from everyone, because if someone dings that one, there's going to be trouble. :chuck:

·
Master baiter
11,278 Posts
yeah, had a buddy who had a Raptor & that thing was super bad ass........but it was also super expensive, I think something like $50k+........fuck that.

My truck is all beat up, little ding & dents everywhere. Haven't washed it in like 2 years, lol. It's very liberating not giving a fuck. I park where ever I want, don't give a shit if someone parks too close or anything.

completely the opposite with the Vette though. Keep that bad boy in pristine condition. Park Faaaaaaaar from everyone, because if someone dings that one, there's going to be trouble. :chuck:
That car is plastic. It won't ding man.... LOL

·
DDS
7,182 Posts
On a related note. Never buy a used raptor. I've seen vids of people ramping those damn things.

My roommate in dental school bought a new one as soon as he graduated. Fuck that noise.

·
GJS
131 Posts

I don't blame you for parking far. Especially down here in S FL. A lot of people that will ding your car like it nothing and tourists that don't even know which side of the road to drive on (yes, it happens down here in the keys more than you'd think), and could care less what happens to their rental car.
Sort of why I bought my wife the cheapest 2015 Camry on the lot. Don't really care that it has a ding and scuffs on the plastic. It's our go to car when going to Miami and we go often.

That car is plastic. It won't ding man.... LOL
:laughing:

·
Murderator
23,094 Posts

·
DDS
7,182 Posts
Same here.
If I ever get another car it will only be as a 2nd vehicle.
got baby number 2 on the way. Wife drives an IS250 now.

We will either get her a 4runner and lose the lexus. Or she will drive the tahoe and i'll get a truck. I'm leaning toward truck, shes leaning towards 4runner. She doesn't like the Tahoe because it has an exhaust on it (came with a magnaflow when i bought it), says if I put a stock exhaust on it she'll think about it. :dontknow:

·
Master baiter
11,278 Posts
got baby number 2 on the way. Wife drives an IS250 now.

We will either get her a 4runner and lose the lexus. Or she will drive the tahoe and i'll get a truck. I'm leaning toward truck, shes leaning towards 4runner. She doesn't like the Tahoe because it has an exhaust on it (came with a magnaflow when i bought it), says if I put a stock exhaust on it she'll think about it. :dontknow:
My wife has an IS250 AWD. She loves that thing. I hint at her getting something new every now and then and she rejects the statement saying she loves her car. I'm like...ok then.

With two kids, it's a little tight when I get in it (6'-4") but overall it's fine with 2 kids

·
Master baiter
11,278 Posts
Hmmm, we may give it a shot then, I'm 6-1 so it shouldn't be too bad.
When we first had my son, she was driving an IS300. One summer night, our A/C went out at our house and we had to go stay at my dads for a night. Well, all of his crap wouldn't fit in the car. Pack and play, changing stuff, bags, etc... Right then we knew we needed an SUV. A week later, we sold it and picked up a 4Runner. Once both kids were in a front facing seat, we sold the 4Runner for the IS2fitty.

Didn't want you to try and get stuck in the same situation.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
When we first had my son, she was driving an IS300. One summer night, our A/C went out at our house and we had to go stay at my dads for a night. Well, all of his crap wouldn't fit in the car. Pack and play, changing stuff, bags, etc... Right then we knew we needed an SUV. A week later, we sold it and picked up a 4Runner. Once both kids were in a front facing seat, we sold the 4Runner for the IS2fitty.

The way to avoid that situation is birth control :weeeeeeeeee:

You people just don't have your priorities properly calibrated!

·
DDS
7,182 Posts

How does the 4runner drive on the interstate? My buddy's gf has one and he says for some reason it's a pain to drive on the interstate. Like it blows around or something.

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
:lurk:

I also don't drive much. My RSX has been sitting in the garage for the last 1.5 years (work remotely). I'm currently looking to sell it and pick up a 99-05 Miata just as a cheap weekend and autocross car

Another car I'd like to pick up down the line, just can't justify it yet, is a Factory Five 818S. Figured if all I want is a toy, that'd be the way to go - kit car, lightweight (1800lbs built), and a WRX/STI drivetrain running only to the rear wheels. Sounds like a blast. But that'll be down the line before I make that switch

For now looking into Miatas (because I don't need something practical at all). And there are kits out for LS swaps to a Miata, would be a fun car :)

EDIT: My wife now drives a 2008 Subaru Legacy GT Spec-B. That car's proven to be a great family car, with a 2.5 year old. A good amount of trunk space and it's quick with basically a WRX drivetrain

21 - 40 of 56 Posts