Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My acura dealership is on the other side of town, so I often call the honda dealership down the street for me if I need little things.

anyways, I am doing my brakes this weekend so I call the guy up and ask how much new dust boots are.

He said that he does not sell them. They only come in a kit, 2xboots, a seal, and a ring. $42ea . You would buy a kit if you want to refurb the caliper.

No pun intened, but give me a "Break". Will it be the same story if I call Acura?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will find out thsi weekend

erik loza said:
Do your existing boots require replacing?

I just called to get a taste of how much they would be, and if there were in stock.

·
FS: K20A2 Head (C Sig)
2,096 Posts
That sounds like Honda is being reasonable. Unless you guys are talking about different dust boots? idk. Anyhow, usually those things are sold in a brake calipur rebuild kit. I doubt your brake calipers need rebuilding but I am often wrong. If you have uneven wear on your brake pads, and you've been using a torque wrench, you might need to rebuild your calipers and definently bleed your brakes system.

Matt

·
ain't got time for that
4,270 Posts
i needed a part for my rsx (forgot what it was) and i bought it from a honda dealership for $15 cheaper than my acura dealership. same exact part and part # :shakehead

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
i needed a part for my rsx (forgot what it was) and i bought it from a honda dealership for $15 cheaper than my acura dealership. same exact part and part #
ya thats what i did for the cabin filters

·
Registered
139 Posts
pretty much anywhere you go, the only way you're going to find a caliper dust boot is in a kit to rebuild two calipers. if autozone carries it, it'll prolly be about $10 for the kit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts