Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loaded the coldair program onto my car and damn does it feel freakish vtecing at 4400 rpms, but when I try to do anything else, it doesn't seem to work.

In the bottom corner of the screen, it says offline and I can't figure out how to get it online.

Datalogging won't work, and alot of things seem to be in gray, where I cannot click on them.

I'm sure most is this is do to the fact I cannot get online, someone help me out.

-Clay

·
Registered
134 Posts
02DSM_Type-S said:
I loaded the coldair program onto my car and damn does it feel freakish vtecing at 4400 rpms, but when I try to do anything else, it doesn't seem to work.

In the bottom corner of the screen, it says offline and I can't figure out how to get it online.

Datalogging won't work, and alot of things seem to be in gray, where I cannot click on them.

I'm sure most is this is do to the fact I cannot get online, someone help me out.

-Clay
Make sure the ignition or the car is running when you are sending the calibration other wise it wont go through. If you want to change the maps or whatever then open the calibration you want to play with, and change whatever you wanna change then again turn the ignition on or start the car and send the new calibration to the car. If the car is running, when you send the new calibration it will sound like it will stall for a second and goes back to normal. At least thats how i do it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
02DSM_Type-S said:
and this will make it go online?

Also how do you get rid of the blinking green key?
Let me ask you this? Did you get a new ecu box or did you convert your stock box? If you bought a new box like i did then its normal for the green key to blink because ecu and immobilizer doesnt match. So, disconnect the green line (underneath the steering wheel) going to the immobilizer and it should disappear.

If you converted your box, then the next question is did you send your immobilizer to hondata with the ecu? If not then mostlikely again your new ecu and immobilizer doesnt match.
If you send your immobilizer and the ecu, then they might coded it wrong.

Also when you are sending a calibration try ebaling or disabling the immobilizer and see if it makes a diffference. I tried to enable the immobilizer my car would not start, simply because my box doesnt match the immobilizer.

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah, I sent in my ecu and immobilizer and just put them back in tonight.
:dontknow:
What's weird to me is that the loading the k-pro #4 onto the ecu worked fine and the car runs like a bat outta hell, but nothing else seems to be working?

-Clay

·
Registered
134 Posts
02DSM_Type-S said:
nah, I sent in my ecu and immobilizer and just put them back in tonight.
:dontknow:
What's weird to me is that the loading the k-pro #4 onto the ecu worked fine and the car runs like a bat outta hell, but nothing else seems to be working?

-Clay[/QUOTE

You actually did not even need to send the cold air calibration to the ecu anyways. It already comes with that calibration as a default calibration.
Did it say online when you first send the cai calibration? If not probably you never actually sent anything to the ecu. Its just running the default cai calibration. make sure your usb connection is properly dowloaded. If not it wont communicate with the car. Go check your usb drivers in your hardware and see if the usb driver has a yellow mark next to it. If it does that means usb is not running right.

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this crap is confusing me, could you spell it out like if you were talking to a dumbass, exactly what I need to do to get everything to work correctly.

Thanks,
Clay

·
Registered
134 Posts
MAke sure the ecu is connected to the laptop. For windows XP, To check the usb driver first click on start on your computer screen. Click on settings, and choose control panel. Then click on system, and then click on hardware, then click on device manager. Then click on universal bus drivers. You will see all the usb drivers that are installed on your computer. Now if there is a yellow indicator next to the hondata usb driver that means you did not install the driver properly. Try reinstalling the driver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts