Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions about installing a new set of bulbs I bought.

First of, what is the easiest way to change the bulbs, does the whole assy come out with the bolts on top of the housing? How hard is it to remove the headlight?

Second, are both high and low beam bulbs H1? I pulled the connector off of the high beam and the factory bulb had two prongs and the new H1 bulb only has 1.

Thanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
grea3682 said:
I have a couple of questions about installing a new set of bulbs I bought.

First of, what is the easiest way to change the bulbs, does the whole assy come out with the bolts on top of the housing? How hard is it to remove the headlight?

Second, are both high and low beam bulbs H1? I pulled the connector off of the high beam and the factory bulb had two prongs and the new H1 bulb only has 1.

Thanks
Both high and low beams are H1. The factory harness (the plug that accepts the two prongs) actually plugs into a holder that holds the H1 bulb. In other words there is a seperate piece that goes between the harness and the bulb.

Headlight assy wont come out unless you remove the bumper. You can change the bulbs without removing the headlight assy but it is a tight fit. There is a thread with instructions and pics somewhere. Try a search.

EDIT: A combination of feeling generous and being bored at work... found the link for you. You owe me a shiny quarter!

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113361&highlight=replace+and+headlight

1 - 3 of 3 Posts