Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I install a hologen bulb rated at 114w on my low beams?
I think the stock low beam wattage is 55w will it harm anything installing and running the higher ones?

·
OG H-T Member Now on CRSX
420 Posts
dead thread.. but im in the process of changing my headlights now also and found 80 and 100w bulbs and am wondering if they will blow/short my wiring.. pretty much cause damage

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I put higher watt bulbs in a car I had years ago. It cooked the socket. I would recommend against it. HID is the way to go if you want more light, as they produce more light from fewer watts than stock.

·
likes to troubleshoot
2,539 Posts
I would recommend against it also. The wiring, alternator, connectors, fuses, etc. are sized/rated to carry enough current for the stock 55w bulbs. Even the headlight enclosures are designed to handle the heat generated by the stock bulbs and probably not much more. If you want more light, look to HID or LED.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
stick to 55w if you're buying/swapping halogen bulbs, that's what the vehicle is designed for.

or go plug and play HID kit if you want more light, it will only be brighter, your beam pattern won't improve.

for best performance and sharp beam, the RSX headlights need to be retrofitted with projectors and high quality HID system

1 - 5 of 5 Posts