Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to buy a header today can you guys help me decide? well i need a header lets say asap, and i woould get toda but they are out of stock everywhere.. soo i would like comptech but if i can't get one of those what do you guys think i should try for out of the following? bcrh - maybe cracks, people loose springs, most expensive. dcrh- cheapest, best bang for buck? or strup? or if anyone else could suggest anything or even has one forsale? haha! thanks

d

would i just need a new sway for the bc?

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
For the BCRH u need the EM2 front sway bar. They are very cheap from Honda.

You really don't want Toda so be glad u can't find it. Comptech is very reliable and makes good power. But for the price of both Toda and Comptech you can get a Hytech or SSR header.

If you don't plan on doing anything more then boltons I would just go with DC or a used Comptech.

It all comes down to how much u want to spend and where u want to take the car mod wise.

·
Duke of NY A #1
517 Posts
If you're willing to spend the cash for a toda then I'd just go with an ssr. I bought one used and it is absolutely amazing.

·
Banned
6,586 Posts
The BCRH is good for its price but if you want the best header its either SSR or Hytech

·
PeakBoost'ed
1,090 Posts
I went cheap with a Megan Racing RH $257 shipped. Installing it saturday with ESMM inserts. Ive heard its decent gains as good as the dcrh for dirt cheap. full stainless steel. ill let you know how i like mine!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks the ssr is that the same as the t1r? if not where can i get one of those?

i love comptech and toda's, i had a comptech rh on my base, but then i sold it :( who knew i would get a free type-s lol

anyways i plan to make this car fast eventually, i want 12's-13's

·
Registered
81 Posts
i'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to headers, what is the ssr header? and who makes it, ive been looking everywhere? anything helps.. thanks

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
I went cheap with a Megan Racing RH $257 shipped. Installing it saturday with ESMM inserts. Ive heard its decent gains as good as the dcrh for dirt cheap. full stainless steel. ill let you know how i like mine!
This thread is about real headers post about your garbage elsewhere.

Thank you come again

·
PeakBoost'ed
1,090 Posts
This thread is about real headers post about your garbage elsewhere.

Thank you come again

Thanks for your comment retard. If you consider a DC or strup header a "real" race header you need to get yourself checked. Same gains if not better out of the MRRH vs. the DCRH for 200$ cheaper. Since your on your high horse, want to give me 600$ so i can purchase the BCRH? IF not stfu kthxbai.

·
Tennis Physicist.
7,446 Posts
Yikes spikes...I'll soon be kicking my DCRH to the curb for a BCRH!
Those SSR and Hytech Headers are amazing.

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
this guy just bought my ctrh:thumbsup:

i hope you enjoy that header as much as i did. i hella miss that thing:(

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
so is a strup race header garbage :eek: ?
Yes

Thanks for your comment retard. If you consider a DC or strup header a "real" race header you need to get yourself checked. Same gains if not better out of the MRRH vs. the DCRH for 200$ cheaper. Since your on your high horse, want to give me 600$ so i can purchase the BCRH? IF not stfu kthxbai.
BCRH, Comptech, SSR, Hytech, Toda, and Mugen are real headers. DC and Jackson are real as well but not on the same tier level. The others are just knock offs.

G

·
Just my experiences:

1.) You will go through several race headers during the life of your car, so don't feel like you need to "get it right" the first time.

2.) You will need a highly modified motor to take advantage of the custom-built headers. Unless you have cams, etc., there is not much point to going there.

3.) ANY long-tube header will be an improvement over the OEM unit and cat. That is the most important point. Let your budget dictate your needs there.

Good luck in your search.

·
I'll stick you!
5,644 Posts
For just starting off, and keeping the simple bolt ons the dcrh will be just fine.

·
'06 PWP-S
3,013 Posts
It all depends on how much you want to spend. But I ran a BCRH for a while and it made good power, the only thing I didnt like about it was the springs would keep falling off. I never had any issues of the BCRH cracking.

·
:)
15,563 Posts
run bc

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.