Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and exuast and intake and my next mod is hopefully going to be headers. If I get the DC Sports Ceramic Header, i was under the impression that I won't have a catalystic converter anymore is this true and if i get headers, will I pass inspection and still have my full warranty? Sorry for the dumb question but I'm still learning. :dontknow:

·
K20
3,090 Posts
NO the DC is just a shorty header you will still have your stock cat. Now if u went with a race header thats a different story but you'll be ok with a dc shorty header as far as passing inspection.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much! One more thing, will I void my warrenty or do they usually look past headers, like they do with exuast and intake, or does it attract more attenttion? Also, what kind of gains would I be looking at with that header? :confused:

·
K20
3,090 Posts
If they do void something it would be your header warrenty i don't c what kind header work u would need to get done under warrenty.LOL As far as gains like 5hp-7hp.

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
they will not void your warranty unless they can prove to you that the header caused the problem. like what happened to me, i had to take my car in bcuz the battery light came on and i have all the crap, headers/intake/carsound cat/exhaust and they told me the alternator and battery were dead. First thing i asked them was, is this covered under warranty, they said, have you touched the battery? i said no, then they were like ok then it is. Unless they can say it caused the problem your fine. Now if you damage your o2 sensors for some reason while putting in your header (like i did..) then your in the whole by about 200 bucks. But hey, shit happens?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts