Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried to use header wraps and if so did you get a performance gain? Also, would this help with heat soak for when I get a AEM V2?

·
6,734 Posts
You can use them but you run the risk of trapping moisture and possilbly rusting out the piping. If/When you use it I recommend you wipe the header down with rubbing alcohol then wrap it up.

·
123 Posts
Will powercoating the headers before installation take care of some of the heat? I was looking at this application on TV. I didn't see what kinda vehicle it was going to be installed into...

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
I am loving those quotes in your sig! :laughing:

·
Ur Post Count Means Nada!
4,510 Posts
Check out Swain Tech Coatings They are done by Swain Technology. I have seen alot of products in Import Tuner and other magazines have this done. Import Tuners project SC430 with the Supra engine has its turbo manifold coated with Swain Tech Header Coating.
Anyone have any info on if this is really effective???
-Jalal

·
frank and beans!
1,916 Posts
BigDawg said:
I am loving those quotes in your sig! :laughing:
I've gotta hand it to mr. tyson. :D

the first quote is a chunky original though.

dude! you need to come to the next thurs. night meet, I want to drool on your header por favor.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
I'm about to rap my Type-R header in a DEI header wrap. It should help really well with underhood temps, and provide maybe a 1hp gain :dontknow:

·
big magic bumpsticks soon
747 Posts
the only headers that benefit from header wraps are cast iron manifolds. anything else wont benefit from it and has a possibility of cracking. i think the stock jdm itr manifold is cast iron not sure though.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Diggs said:
the only headers that benefit from header wraps are cast iron manifolds. anything else wont benefit from it and has a possibility of cracking. i think the stock jdm itr manifold is cast iron not sure though.
I think its cast iron too, it weighs probably 10lbs alone! :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts