Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i allready have a hks catback, but i want to get the jackson racing headers, it says for type s only or for people with type s exhaust. What does that mean? does it matter that i have a catback on it now? So can i get it, or should i wait until they come out for one for a base rsx

·
Registered
294 Posts
zach12985 said:
i allready have a hks catback, but i want to get the jackson racing headers, it says for type s only or for people with type s exhaust. What does that mean? does it matter that i have a catback on it now? So can i get it, or should i wait until they come out for one for a base rsx
The jackson race header will not connect correctly to the base exhaust. I think because the flanges are different. If you put a type-S exhaust and jackson header on base it would fit

·
Registered
213 Posts
The base exhaust and the Type-S exhaust are different lengths and slightly different in design as far as the shape. The race header is designed to work with the Type-S.

·
Registered
14 Posts
you don't have headers(plural) on a 4 cylinder, you have a header(singular).
you can get the jackson race header to fit, but you'd have to take it to a muffler shop(ie: big al's) and get them to cut the piping and new flanges and it will all bolt up correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts