Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a base (5-speed). I want to buy aftermarket headers for the type-s and also an aftermarket exhaust made for the type-s. Will the headers and exhaust just bolt on? To be more specific, I wanted to buy DC Sports headers for the type s along with the Tanabe Racing Spec cat-back exhaust for the type-s. I really wanna know if everything should bolt right on... I know the headers will but will the exhaust fit too?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would that be the best bet for my exhaust system. I am actually buying an Injen cold air intake this week and if I can make up my mine headers, and a catback exhaust. I know that the type s is better than the base so I wanted to buy aftermarket parts made for the type s. So with dc headers, high flow cat , and tanabe exhaust be a good setup?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
ur best bet would be to buy a JRRH and then the tanable exhaust. The dc shorty header doesnt do much on the power side, pretty much none of our shortys make much power. Only bolt on high flow cat i know of is random technology and its about $300. If u got the JRRH u could buy a universal highflow and have a local shop weld it on the test pipe cost you about $100 total.

·
Relish then catch up
1,884 Posts
Is there a dyno of the JRRH (with or without a highflow cat) on the base?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Not for the base yet , everyone that has it on the base hasnt dyno'd yet so we really dont have any exact numbers to exspect but from what i hear the feel of the gains r strong and that our 3rd gear isnt so bad. My plans for when i get mine are to throw a highflow cat on and try to save sum of our low end tq that the base is known for and the fact that our compression is alil lower we might need it.

·
Relish then catch up
1,884 Posts
Cool. I think Im going to go that route also. I was just kinda looking for some kinda dyno numbers to justify the race header mod. Its a pretty expensive mod, considering It would all include the header, highflow cat, and the type-s exhaust.
Anybody got a rough guess on the amount of hp increase? i would hate to do all of this for a measly 5-7 hp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts