Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ex-rsxer
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side headlight fogged up like crazy after driving in that big storm a few nights ago. How do I get rid of teh fog?

They’ve never fogged before, and I haven’t changed bulbs recently or anything… strange.

·
Registered
16,978 Posts
on a nice day.. drive around with the peanut bulb out and turn on your headlights.. when it clears turn off the headlight let it cool then put the peanut bulb back in..

·
bɹo˙ʎʇɹɐduoɯ&#4
10,428 Posts
Penis bulb? :drool:

·
Elite
7,105 Posts
fuck i should put up the DIY that i did for my tail light condensation removal. it might help you out.

did you do a DIY black out? if so baking it open and then resealing might be your best option. otherwise take out the headlight assembly, stick a hair dryer in each hole and blow out the condensation thoroughly. once it's nice and dry, apply silicone along the edges of the assembly lens and the housing.

i know mine was the tail lights but i haven't had any problems since.

btw shouldn't this be in the problems and solutions section?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
You could tie a string around a silica gel pack and stick it inside the headlight for a night. It should absorb all the water. never tried it though.

To clear my condensation, i just took the headlamp off the car and used a blow dryer

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You could tie a string around a silica gel pack and stick it inside the headlight for a night. It should absorb all the water. never tried it though.

To clear my condensation, i just took the headlamp off the car and used a blow dryer
yea, just put a silica gel pack around that hole will work
i saw some diy blackout thread from the other forum said mount the pack somewhere around headlight will eliminate the fog too
:dontknow:

·
bɹo˙ʎʇɹɐduoɯ&#4
10,428 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.