Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Colts SuperBowl Crew
14,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my headrest inserts are separating. The tabs no longer click together. A long time ago, I had this fixed under warranty.

Now, it appears near impossible to find either the graphite inserts or the 06 silver inserts.

Anyone know where I can buy these? or if I only need to buy the front or rear to fix this issue?

I currently have graphite inserts 81146-S6M-J11ZA 81146-S6M-J01ZA

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/oem-parts/acura-garnish-front-headrest-nh167l-graphite-black-81146s6mj01za/?c=Zz1pbnRlcmlvci1idW1wZXImcz1mcm9udC1zZWF0LXImaT00ODI1MzgwNSZyPTEzJmE9YWN1cmEmbz1yc3gtaGF0Y2hiYWNrJnk9MjAwMiZ0PXR5cGUtcyZlPTYtc3BlZWQtbWFudWFs

·
Colts SuperBowl Crew
14,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bernardi parts doesn't indicate discontinued.
https://acura.bernardiparts.com/Acura-GARNISH-RR-HEADREST-NH167L__81146-S6M-J11ZA.aspx

Lots of others come up with google. Email to check availability first.

They also show up on ebay but didn't check the details to see if they are OEM.
I had already called them. no dice.

none of the acura parts sellers have a full set. seems that there are a few that have 1 side. I'm assuming that's the side that breaks. I'll have to fully pull mine out to check.

Only found one on ebay. will check again.

·
Colts SuperBowl Crew
14,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might try finding one on car-part.com

...may need to call for the actual insert vs. the entire seat...

thanks for the tip.

I did figure out that one of the plastic clips on the front part is broken, allowing the whole thing to come apart, and there are small plastic guides that seem to wear down over time and allow the tabs to wiggle free. crappy design.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I had my car for 13 years and never had an issue with these inserts, but if someone were using that to pull the seat back in place or a little careless in removing/reinstalling them I could see how the broken tab and worn guides could occur.

·
Colts SuperBowl Crew
14,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had my car for 13 years and never had an issue with these inserts, but if someone were using that to pull the seat back in place or a little careless in removing/reinstalling them I could see how the broken tab and worn guides could occur.
I've only removed my seats 2-3 times, and I'm an OG owner from 2002.

They were replaced under warranty in 2004 or 2005. There was a TSB on it that I can't find. known issue of the clips breaking. It happens.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've only removed my seats 2-3 times, and I'm an OG owner from 2002.

They were replaced under warranty in 2004 or 2005. There was a TSB on it that I can't find. known issue of the clips breaking. It happens.
I started out with a new '02 Type-S and later traded it in on a new '05 Type-S. Never had the problem in either one, but obviously it happened enough for them to issue a TSB.

·
Colts SuperBowl Crew
14,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I started out with a new '02 Type-S and later traded it in on a new '05 Type-S. Never had the problem in either one, but obviously it happened enough for them to issue a TSB.

I'm either going to 3d print a version, or glue them together...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts