Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06' Type S and I am wondering if it is possible to install a new head unit, 4 new speakers, and an aftermarket amp and sub and entirely remove the stock amp for the 4 speakers, and remove the stock sub and amp combo. Would I have to rewire the whole car or is just as simple as removing the parts?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Go to the search bar and look up bypass factory amp which is what you need to do. Metra sells a plug that you plug into where the factory amp plugged into the harness so you dont need to rewire factory harness just wire up new amp to factory harness with the Metra connector.

Metra 70-1725 2002-2006 Acura Rsx Amp By-pass Harness + Cd Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037717VY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nyQzDbF3PE0QM

·
WILDCARD!
1,192 Posts
Go to the search bar and look up bypass factory amp which is what you need to do. Metra sells a plug that you plug into where the factory amp plugged into the harness so you dont need to rewire factory harness just wire up new amp to factory harness with the Metra connector.

Metra 70-1725 2002-2006 Acura Rsx Amp By-pass Harness + Cd Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037717VY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nyQzDbF3PE0QM
This isn't a "bypass" harness. It's an amp integration harness. It's meant to allow plug and play wiring of an aftermarket head unit to the RSX's existing Bose amp.

You would use that when you want a new head unit but want to keep the existing amp and "sub" (I use that term loosely).

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed an aftermarket pioneer head unit using the metra harness and everything including the factory ‘sub’ works fine, even better now that I’m able to adjust hi/lo filters and equalizers. There was no need to bypass anything, plug and play then tune. I have an 02 type s, if that makes a difference

·
WILDCARD!
1,192 Posts
I installed an aftermarket pioneer head unit using the metra harness and everything including the factory ‘sub’ works fine, even better now that I’m able to adjust hi/lo filters and equalizers. There was no need to bypass anything, plug and play then tune. I have an 02 type s, if that makes a difference
Yeah, some people get static/noise with this setup, but most don't. That small group of folks who have issues are the reason for the "ALWAYS BYPASS THE FACTORY AMP!!!!!" crew.

I mean, it's a fucking $10 harness and it will most likely work just fine. Why discourage people from trying it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts