Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 477 Posts

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Did everyone with a type s , bypass the bose amp? To prevent speaker noise..static
No, Some do the bypass, especially people that got cars and upgraded audio prior to 2005, in 2005 metra came out with the 70-1725 integration harnes that uses the rca outs of a HU to integrate with the bose.

·
Registered
228 Posts
No, Some do the bypass, especially people that got cars and upgraded audio prior to 2005, in 2005 metra came out with the 70-1725 integration harnes that uses the rca outs of a HU to integrate with the bose.
You still get static in conjunction with that metra harness.

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
You still get static in conjunction with that metra harness.
Some people do some people don't. If you install it right and don't use the factory ground wire you should not have an issue.

·
Registered
231 Posts
what brand(s) normally has the clock on while playing the radio and/or music? sucks that theres no dedicated clock
My Pioneer has a dedicated clock, just press one button & it shows clock instead of the artist title or song.

Here's mine!

I like how the outside of the HU matches the dashboard.

·
Registered
231 Posts
what brand(s) normally has the clock on while playing the radio and/or music? sucks that theres no dedicated clock
My Pioneer has a dedicated clock, just press one button & it shows clock instead of the artist title or song.

Here's mine!

I like how the outside of the HU matches the dashboard.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Some people do some people don't. If you install it right and don't use the factory ground wire you should not have an issue.
I used the Metra harness for my JVC nav/dvd head unit. Grounded the black wire & parking brake wire (coming from the head unit) to the same bolt.. no static for me so far :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hey fellas I got a few questions and was hoping someone could shed some knowledge. I recently installed a new head unit, amp and sub. Now for some reason my stock speakers stopped working. Do you think its something with the wiring harness? I checked all connections and everything looks fine. I did have to take out the bose amp because it was damaged, could that be the problem?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hey fellas I got a few questions and was hoping someone could shed some knowledge. I recently installed a new head unit, amp and sub. Now for some reason my stock speakers stopped working. Do you think its something with the wiring harness? I checked all connections and everything looks fine. I did have to take out the bose amp because it was damaged, could that be the problem?
Did you Bypass the Bose amp?

381 - 400 of 477 Posts