Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-RUMOR
9000K is brighter than 4200K (factory HID)" 4200K is the brightest output.

-FACT
As the "K" goes up, the lumen/brightness goes down

is this true guys? i want a HID that shows the blue. whats the best K to go with in HID for that blue look. something really really blue and you can tell. i always thought the higher the K is the brighter the HID system will be? i guess i was wrong. i need something really bright and really really blue. HELP ME.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The rumor is completely false and the fact you posted is true. An increase in K will lower lumen output of light.

If you are looking for the blue tinted HIDs go with a 5000K bulb. 6000K will give a light output with a slight tint of purple. If you search this board you will find a ton of pics of both types of HIDs. Check any posts regarding XenonDepot.com... they always have lots of pics and helpful hints.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Also forgot to mention that as far as I know 4200K is the brightest HID available.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
If you want seriously blue dont bother getting HID's. They shine out white light...at least most of the good ones do...If you want seriously blue, just go with 40-50 dollar Eurolites. They are super blue and shine out blue light. I hate em...cheap stupid lights....

:shooting: Eurolites

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i want HIDs though. the life on bulbs are ridiculous. theres alot of HIDS that show really really blue tint on them. i just want to know what kind they are. if you see the pictures theres alot of HIDs that shine that nice blue. someone just tell me which ones to get and the power of it. alot of ppl tell me the 5000k is right for me. is this right? and no i dont want no bulbs

·
Registered
803 Posts
SPW Industries 7500K is hellaciously bright and unbelievably blue. I have this kit and they look awsome. However the cops don't like them too much because they are insanely bright and very very very blue.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
YOu mite need projectors for what you want with a set of 5000k HID's. That way you can maniuplate the light so it accentutes the blue through the projector. IF this cant be done i dunno then. Im just sticking with my 5000k I think its ok. Besides, the bluer you get, you'll be seeing more red and blue more often if you catch my drift.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can you guys show me the links to the sites with best hid's. or you can post your pictures up here. show me how a nice blue hid light will shine.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
integra_k20a2: Check out www.xenondepot.com. They've got lots of pictures. Or check out the sticky about HID's. They've got a good site. intellectuals. something something or the other. THey have nice pictures there.

Street Demon: You can get projector lights only by special order at the moment. There are numerous threads with people who are trying to set up group buys or are researching this information. You'll usually find this with thread topic names starting with HALO or something to that extent. You can see them for yourself at www.illustion-lighting.com too. You can order from them but they said it will take like 3 weeks to get to you which means in essence you cant drive your car for 3 weeks since you hvae to send them in. ohwell. you win some you lose some.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Here are the pictures of my SPW 7500K HIDs.

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
another

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
last one

Attachments

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
The thing is that even my stock S2K HID's are REALLY BLUE when they turn on, but once they warm up, they're just white.

Same with the 6000K HID's I had on the RSX (xenondepot), they were really, really blue/purple when first on, but warmed up to just a white.

·
Registered
753 Posts
A higher K may be brighter in terms of colour intensity but it will start reducing visibility after 4200K. In general, anything over 6000K is not a good idea, not just for your visibility but for other drivers who'll be blinded & may theoretically crash into your car as a result.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.