Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
hey

i have the same problem i got a 03 rsx base model no heat. i changed the anti freeze with the cleaner i bought from autozone still nothing. then i used a water hoes and blew out the heater core same shit then i realized i was hearing a sound when i changed the control from hot to cold i hear a loud clicking sound when i checked the heater control valve it was not moving no open or close. i pulled it out and check it . was fine. i stared digging up under the dashboard the gear thingie was fuked up and it was not catching idk i gotta fix it real soon. dont know if i helped.

· Blank Member
6,715 Posts
park on a hill with the front of the car facing up the hill. When the car is cold start it with the rad. cap cracked open. But still on the car to cover it. Turn the heat on full blast and make it just come out of the vents and floor. Let the car sit run and warm up until the fan kicks on. Doing this it should allow all the water/coolant to circulate and air pockets to be removed. But to make sure while the car is running gently squeeze the hoses in a few spots. But after you shut it off let it cool down then add water to proper level to the radiator cap it and just check it every so often.

· DC5Ripz
97 Posts
Ok here's a problem that hope you guys can solve replaced ac transistor in summer because fan stopped blowing in the middle of summer in the desert and fixed ac issue but now in the winter heater not working but ac works fine fan speeds are working car doesn't blow any hot air

· Registered
2 Posts
so my rsx's heater stop working my ac works but when i turn the thermo to hot i get no hot air. I disconnected both hoses that connect to the heater core on the firewall, make sure ur heater valve is on the on position. Buy some core flush or radiator flush and flush out your heater corre and change your cabin filters and it should work. thats how i got my heater to work.

· Registered
327 Posts
so my rsx's heater stop working my ac works but when i turn the thermo to hot i get no hot air. I disconnected both hoses that connect to the heater core on the firewall, make sure ur heater valve is on the on position. Buy some core flush or radiator flush and flush out your heater corre and change your cabin filters and it should work. thats how i got my heater to work.
Umm, the last comment on this thread prior to yours is 9 years old, but thanks for sharing.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts