21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
how much?

·
gingers have no souls
1,828 Posts
this would be amazing. i dont see how cold it could possibly be in fl for the use of heated seats. but how much and where??????

·
Used Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The heaters I got are the Innovative Heat II from heatedseatkits.com, you can get them on ebay from the same place for a little less. I sent a few emails to auto upholstery shops for prices and found a nice guy... I got the kit and installation for $300.

·
Used Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I like this, I just do not like the location of the switches. I think the OEM location beside the cigarette lighter looks much cleaner.
I thought about mounting them in the same position as the stock Canadian ones, actually looked for the canadian panel for a while... but i ended up going this location after seeing it in a thread here from 2005. It's a pretty easy space for the buttons, and you can use them and the front cupholders at the same time this way.

·
29 Posts
The heaters I got are the Innovative Heat II from heatedseatkits.com, you can get them on ebay from the same place for a little less. I sent a few emails to auto upholstery shops for prices and found a nice guy... I got the kit and installation for $300.
On their site the kits are $90 a piece so total of $180 for 2. Install only cost $120 for an 8 hr job? That's awesome. I called a few places in NJ and they said it would be about $300 in labor per seat if I bought the kits.

Jealous :bowdown:

·
Registered
61,559 Posts
why not just open the seats up and do it your self?

·
29 Posts

·
02 blue type-s
312 Posts
Side airbag issues?

Im also in MN getting ready to do my drivers seat. I needed a new bottom cushion..then after a track event needed new bottom seat frame..so yeat 90 bux more for a heated seat kit why not? My question is this..the Canadian seats only have heated BOTTOMS of the seat..not the top cusion right? Ive heard this is due to the side airbags. Does anyone know of any reason why these kits may interfere with the stock airbag sensor? My elements are 9" by 18" and I dont have the seat apart yet...

·
Living Legend
12,656 Posts
Im also in MN getting ready to do my drivers seat. I needed a new bottom cushion..then after a track event needed new bottom seat frame..so yeat 90 bux more for a heated seat kit why not? My question is this..the Canadian seats only have heated BOTTOMS of the seat..not the top cusion right? Ive heard this is due to the side airbags. Does anyone know of any reason why these kits may interfere with the stock airbag sensor? My elements are 9" by 18" and I dont have the seat apart yet...
As a canadian I can confirm that only my ass gets hot/cozy every morning.

·
Berlina
3,090 Posts
hmm im from melbourne and never heard of those guys. i just suck it up and try and enjoy those few cold days here in florida. but i deff like what you did :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 67 Posts