Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my buddy was trying to tell me that if you turn the heater on while your running, it will stay cooler.

This does make sense as your antifreeze which its drawing the heat from will be cooler... Just wanted a verification.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
That is true but it is a little extreme. The heater pulls the hot air from the engine to heat the car. By turning it on while racing it can pull the hot air out of the engine bay to help the engine run a little cooler. I have never done it and I don't know too many people that do, it is over kill. Just turn everything off and that will get you the most consistant runs you can get.

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh so he was right....but not really. Although, sometimes in the morning on my way to work, (I live 3 mins from work) my car would be JUST warmed up halfway, and I VTEC it one gear with the heater on and it would drop down to like a quarter, I've even had the VTEC engagment stop before and just go back to running like VTEC wasn't there. Freaked me out at first and I'm sure that can't be good for it so I try not to do it anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts