Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isnt the right place to be showing my new JUN cf bonnet, but I do have a question about performance.
Everyone is telling me the car will run better. I cannot really tell, but do you guys think this will cut my 1/4 mile time at all?

Attachments

·
popcorn playa
12,547 Posts
no.. but itll prolly balance out some of the stuff u have in ur car already.. cd's, g/f, exhaust weight... ull really notice lighter tires i must say... pirelli p7000 are known for being light...jmo

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
I've seen hoods and bonnets sold separatley. A bonnet covers the windshield wipers.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
eddie123 said:
I've seen hoods and bonnets sold separatley. A bonnet covers the windshield wipers.
Bonnet is what they call hoods in Japan. What you are thinking of is a cowl cover.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
my bad

·
DNA all over bish!
1,989 Posts
TypeRus said:
I know this isnt the right place to be showing my new JUN cf bonnet, but I do have a question about performance.
Everyone is telling me the car will run better. I cannot really tell, but do you guys think this will cut my 1/4 mile time at all?
nice cf hood man! I think you're one of the few who has it. It looks a lot like the vis extreme gt hood. I think it'll cut off micro seconds off your quarter mile ets hehe. Maybe a physics major could tell you what's up.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think its just me. (and how expensive the damn thing was). but at night the car feels zippier. (if there is sucha word)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
eddie123 said:
Not callin you out man, just letting you know. Honda used to make one of those cowl covers for the BB6 Preludes when I had my 1998.

·
Power of Dreams
1,759 Posts
Looking good TypeRus. Wish I didn't have to move recently or I would of had my MF10's and Ings carbon bonnet right now. Oh well, time to save again. What is next on your agenda?

Chris

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
next is rims, coilovers and maybe the greddy gracer lip. but i dont know about tht part yet. i kinda like how the type r looks as is. more genuine. but i alos love the gracer lip. well at leats from what i can see on pictures.

as far as performance wise. i am pretty much happy with what i have. i love driving the car every day.
i am thiinking of cams and the k-pro. But i am nervous about pulling apart my motor. the last time i did all those performance mods with my DC2-R I wasnt happy with the outcome. I got like maybe 10whp from spending so much money on skunk stage3 cams and all the rest of shit i needed with it.
I am nervous because, all the research told me that what i was getting for the dc2-r was the best and bla bla bla.

So i guess i am reluctant about the whole internet stuff, cause i dont know who is to be beleived.

At the same time. I have never seen such easy gains from a motor. The K20 is wild.
The guys in Jamaica were so sceptical, but after running at the 1/4 mile track they all ask if i have NOS or turbo, cause those are the kinda cars i am up against, and i completely destroy them. ITS LOST FUN- to drive to the track, beat all these higly modded cars and drive home with my girl in the same car.

My freind bought Progress bars, but i told him over and over that clubrsx had already said they wont work with the comptech race header. And so said - so done. the bar is here, and cant be used.

BTW- If anyone wants a progress front sway bar to buy - i have 2.

As for the rain. I am not too worried. I washed the car and watched where the rain is runnign, and it doesnt go on top of the valve head, so it should trouble where the spark plugs are.
I loev the bonnet, - and seeing how its the first DC5-R (or rsx for that matter) in Jamaica to have a cf bonnet, everyone is like WOW!

I have a feeling i am goin to have a lot of poeple trying to get the bonnet down here, but they have no idea the trouble and money it took to get the real JUN bonnet.

·
Power of Dreams
1,759 Posts
TypeRus said:
as far as performance wise. i am pretty much happy with what i have. i love driving the car every day.
At the same time. I have never seen such easy gains from a motor. The K20 is wild. The guys in Jamaica were so sceptical, but after running at the 1/4 mile track they all ask if i have NOS or turbo, cause those are the kinda cars i am up against, and i completely destroy them. ITS LOTS OF FUN- to drive to the track, beat all these higly modded cars and drive home with my girl in the same car.

Hahaha, funny you should mention about beating turbo cars or other modified cars. I kind of did the same last night. Read this

Chris

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.