Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So do any of the tracks you guys go to actually enforce the helmet rule? If so, is there an option to rent? Because I really don't want to dump a bunch of money into a helmet if I don't have to.
 

·
Internet Crack Dealer
Joined
·
34,438 Posts
It is set but the track, but most follow NHRA rules.:

"Drivers running 13.99 or quicker much use a helmet meeting Snell 90, 95, K98, 2000, SFI 31.1A, 32.1A, 41.1A, or 41.2A specs."

If that is a little confusing, understandable, but if you go to a shop to buy a helmet (or wait to buy 1 from us once I get them up) most helmets on the market meet those specs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,672 Posts
what i would do is just find a friend who has one, perhaps someone who owns a motorcycle and just borrow it for a day
 

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
Joined
·
4,162 Posts
I got a Snell and DOT approved motorcycle helmet for $125, and it is clear coated with some nice looking graphics on it.

The car racing helmets were pretty expensive and I only saw them in white.
 

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
Joined
·
4,162 Posts
Eeew! That would be like putting a bowling shoe on your head! eh eh eh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
eddie123 said:
I got a Snell and DOT approved motorcycle helmet for $125, and it is clear coated with some nice looking graphics on it.

The car racing helmets were pretty expensive and I only saw them in white.
Good idea, if the motorcycle ones are cheaper and are approved that would be a nice cheaper option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
Question. What if you take your car to the track and you happen to run better than 13.99, will they enforce the helmet if you planned to run again? I'm planning to hit the track up when the weather gets better, but I don't wanna run once w/out getting some extra practice.
 

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
Joined
·
4,162 Posts
They let me keep running that night but said that I could not come back unless I had a helmet. Dif tracks handle thing dif though, I would just get a helmet.
 

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
at Atco you have to wear a helmet no matter what times you run but under 11.99 you have to have a roll bar. They rent helmets for like 3 dollars or somthing like that. I have one from my motorcycle it was like 150. Then I just custom painted it and it looks better than the 499 helmets. You don't have to spend much just get an approved cheap one and customize it. I wouldn't wear a helmet from a track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
dupontrsx said:
at Atco you have to wear a helmet no matter what times you run but under 11.99 you have to have a roll bar. They rent helmets for like 3 dollars or somthing like that. I have one from my motorcycle it was like 150. Then I just custom painted it and it looks better than the 499 helmets. You don't have to spend much just get an approved cheap one and customize it. I wouldn't wear a helmet from a track.
It's not about looking better that makes a helmet cost more- it's materials and design.

That said I bought a $125 HJC helmet and I love it because it fits perfectly. Fit is the most important aspect when your head hits the pavement.
 

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
I was just saying that cause he said that all the car helmets were just white so I was saying you can make something not so nice, nice if you customize it. I have a HJC CL-14 helmet and you can get those really cheap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
dupontrsx said:
I was just saying that cause he said that all the car helmets were just white so I was saying you can make something not so nice, nice if you customize it. I have a HJC CL-14 helmet and you can get those really cheap
I actually have the same helmet:D

Great helmet, great ventalation, great price, cool graphics. (I have the blue with silver/black)

Not as nice as their newer line (AC I think) but still good.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top