Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Addicted to Vtec
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was searching around and havent really found anything similar to what my car is doing. i have a 06 type s with i/rbc/rh/e/Kpro around 96k miles and my car has been tuned since feb and everything was running just fine. i let it sit for about a week or so, drove it for about an hour, and let it sit another week. i drove it a few times after that, but i noticed one day that the car would jerk/jump forward while i was trying to hold the rpms at a constant (say 2200 or so) basiclly it felt and sounded like it had a huge cam in it....
i think it might be the fuel filter because when i accelerate, it seemed sluggish but when i let of the gas and let rpm decel, it seems to work fine. i did a datalog and sent it to my tuner, but it seems to have the signs of a bad fuel filter. anyone have any ideas????

·
Addicted to Vtec
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had filled it up about half a tank a couple days before. was 93 oct. it did the sputtering thing like i described above and then i took it out the next day to duplicate the problem. i didn't happen. drove for an hour, didnt happen. then my fuel light came on and i flilled up about half a tank. then it started doing it again....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm having the same problem. And I have a CEL but I can't get the code because of the Kpro. I just moved to a new city so I'm gonna have to find a new tuner I guess to check it out for me. I don't have a windows computer or the software for it. But if you figure anything out, post back. I can use all the help I can get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts