Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help!~ NEW Car Color Is Different

ok i just purchased a NEW pearl white s from acura and it has been almost a month since i bought the car. and recently i just found out my rear front bumper and side skirt.... different from all other parts.... all more yellowish compares to other parts. especially the rear bumper.... it's so obvious. the whole car is painted seperately for sure. are they supposed to look like that? i seriously doubt it myself.i can't believe i didn't notice it until couple days ago. what should i do? take to the dealership? damn, i wonder what they would say.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought it brand new from acura.. as it SHOULD BE..... but color is different what da.... 2004 pearl white type-s

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
it took you a month to figure out that is was different? that should be something you check for before you buy it. but pwp's won't match up exactly. if the color is slightly off, it is normal because we have a tristage paint. meaning that depending on the angle you look at it, it will have a different effect due to the pearl mixed in.

·
THE Elitist Douchebag
5,423 Posts
might just be ur eyes playing a trick on you. my rear bumper always looks darker than the rest of the car under shade, but in the sun it matches with sexiness.

·
WHERE THE F*%K AM I??
1,226 Posts
paint on a bumper will be different from the body most of the time. Paint, eventhough exactly the same, will look a bit different because of the material its being painted on. The body panels (being and alloy) and bumpers (urethane). It shouldn't be way off, but might be just slightly.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have a pwp that I bought in january and noticed the exact same thing, I have also seen an rsx around me of another color that also had it but was way worse.

·
28,748 Posts
The pearl is what makes it look so good. IMO flat colours would look like crap on the RSX. On a beater, sure....

·
Registered
566 Posts
Our front bumper, sideskirts, and rear bumper wont exactly match the rest of the car because of the different materials used. It is a common problem with honda/acura. If you take a look at your car, the bumpers and sideskirts will be a little lighter than the rest of the car. I am not sure about your problem though unless you have pics.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all those parts are darker.... especially the rear bumper
here are the pictures... any advises are appreciated

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
looks like the paint process. Urathane with white will look different than metal on white since the white paint is semitranslucent. White will pick up the reflective properties better with metal than with the black/grey urathane color which is why the bumpers, sideskirts, etc are of a slight darker color.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts