Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the symptoms bad gas milage, stalls on cold start, idles very low, sputters at low rpms 1500-2500rpm, No cel.

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,233 Posts
check the spark plugs. black means either too much gas or poor ignition. could also be poor compression or timing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here are the symptoms bad gas milage, stalls on cold start, idles very low, sputters at low rpms 1500-2500rpm, No cel.
vtechhead69,

Have you checked the condition of your fuel filter later? How about your spark plugs? Finally, do you have any smoke emitting from the exhaust? If so then you could have a bad head gasket. This happened to me with my old MR2 and the things ran like dog doo-doo, achieved Hummer-level fuel mileage and sputtered at low rpms :thumbsdow

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
spark plugs, adjust your idle, fuel filter, and possibly change your air filters.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The idle fluctuations could be an easy fix. Look on here for the DIY on cleaning your IACV. It's free, and it can't hurt to try.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No exhaust smoke, i will check the plugs, i am hearing a light knocking sound from the head, the sound speeds up when i accelerate bent valve?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts