Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been lurking here for a while but still new to this platform as this is my first car.

Recently purchased a used 02 base model as a daily, Major problem i am having so far is when i put gas in the car and go to start up
the car will crank but not fully go on. i usually have to try to start it 2-3 times and when it does start the car sounds bad. but once i pull out everything seems to be ok..

i recently replaced the evap canister. could this be the issue or should i be looking for something else in particular ?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I assume you are filling up? If so, are you topping off the tank?
Do you have a restart problem only after a brief stop for fuel or does it happen after other brief stops?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you are filling up? If so, are you topping off the tank?
Do you have a restart problem only after a brief stop for fuel or does it happen after other brief stops?
ive only experienced this issue while filling up at the gas station

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Light on or anything, and don't top it off--once it hits the stop don't add more, it sends fuel into the evap stuff. Or don't shut it off at a gas station.

·
Selling my RSX
Dadmobile ('14 Ford Edge SEL)
5 Posts
I second the purge solenoid valve. This happened with my wife's 07 Mazda 3. The code it threw was not clear and after puzzling the mechanics, replacing a MAF sensor for no reason, and not being able to pass inspection, I finally found some thread that said something about the lack of starting after a fill up and that the code could be a bad purge solenoid valve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts